• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dangerous Precedent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dangerous Precedent?

Met to pay £100,000 damages

The Met are to pay £100k damages to the boy who was with Stephen Lawrence when he died.

A dangerous precedent I think.

It doesn't matter a toss really. £100K, £1M or even £100M for each complaint.

It's only tax payers money and that's pretty much a bottomless pit with the majority that New Lie has.

So don't worry about it.

(Up) Yours,

Gordon.

Comment

For a minute I thought it was a policeman who killed Stephen Lawrence - oh hang on - let's say sorry anyway and send a cheque for £100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        Met to pay £100,000 damages

The Met are to pay £100k damages to the boy who was with Stephen Lawrence when he died.

A dangerous precedent I think.
        You make it sound as though they are to pay him because he was with Stephen Lawrence when he died. An innocent mistake on your part I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          You make it sound as though they are to pay him because he was with Stephen Lawrence when he died. An innocent mistake on your part I'm sure.
          No apparantly they are paying him because he was 'traumatised' during their investigation. He may well have had nothing to do with the killing but the police have a job to do and it seems to be being made more and more difficult for them. I don't think this will help their cause and will open the floodgates for everyone who has ever been investigated for anything to come forward and demand compensation. And yes, an innocent mistake on my part

Comment

"Damages awarded in witness murder

Mr Van Colle had received several threats to drop the case
            The parents of a trial witness murdered days before giving evidence have been awarded £50,000 in damages.

Optician Giles Van Colle, 25, was shot dead by former employee Daniel Brougham at his shop in Mill Hill, north London.

His parents brought the action against Hertfordshire Police claiming they had done "nothing" to protect their son.

Brougham had been facing theft charges, including from Mr Van Colle, and had repeatedly threatened the optician before he murdered him in 2000.

Brougham, 36, who was born in Iran as Ali Amelzadeh but used a variety of names, was jailed for life in March 2002. "

so you get £50k for being killed & £100k for being black & oppressed...wierd

Comment

Ah, but the Police are officially 'instituationally racist', so if youse is black, youre on a money-spinner...

If you are a whitey killed by someone called 'Ali Amelzadeh', you have any compensation cut by at least a factor of 4.

The police know nobody in the press gives a toss about white indigenous people, they do know that the publicly funded racial pressure groups will take them to the cleaners if they dont cough up cash to the ever growing numbers of 'minorities'.

Its all about fairness, see.... white people must be punished for their colour, whereas black people must be compensated for theirs....

The irony is many black people dont want to be treated like this... they know it causes resentment and yet the money go round that is the race industry ignores their views too.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Was there any truth in what that BNP man said, that Stephen Lawrence was a drug dealer?

Comment

Whose to say? I doubt VERY much that now cowed police would even dare to investigate that - it would be portrayed as an attempt to discredit 'saint lawrence'....
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                  X