• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

a new law against age descrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim123
    Yes and Yes.

tim
    If a recruiter asks for your age in the US they will be sued,they take it very seriously,I will be relishing faux pas by UK recruiters after October.

The first few law suites could consist of very large fines so I will be applying for every job in the hope of being asked my age.

Gottcha

Doubleplusgood
    If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Alas Janey, I am a fickle man. Please believe that I love you all equaly.
      but equally as well? that is the question
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
        [...]
        No-one's ever politely said I looked younger than I am either when I have revealed my age, must have that 'mature' look!
        You mean you look like an old slapper?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          You mean you look like an old slapper?
          Very smooth.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

You complete idiots. Both Ladymuck and janey are men. I know you IT geeks are desperate, but really! Cyber-flirting with middle-aged bearded and hairy men is beyond the pale.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was being sar-car-stick sas...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Please SAS, you stick to your fantasy and I will stick to mine.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by topgun
                  A new employment law will come effect soon against age discrimination. Does it apply to contractor? If yes, can I reject agency's inquiry about age? As I know, in North Amercia, agency or employer wouldn't ask a interviewee about his/her age in any interview occation.
                  Yeah, putting your photo on a CV in the US is a no-no, because most of the things that can be told from it, it's illegal to use in the decision. By contrast, no pic on a CV in France = bin tout de suite. Or at least, out comes the Polaroid.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun
                    A new employment law will come effect soon against age discrimination. Does it apply to contractor? If yes, can I reject agency's inquiry about age?
                    You always could. Difference is, now when they don't give you the contract, they'll be doing something illegal.

Comment

If I say I am older than 60 or younger than 25, does a recruiter put forward my CV?

Comment

Working...
                      X