• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Poverty marchers or hypocrites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poverty marchers or hypocrites?

I live right beside the big park in central Edinburgh where the anti-poverty march starts and finishes. The shops in the area have never had such a good day for business. Luxury foodstuffs and beer seem to be particularly popular. So important to stuff your face in soldarity with the starving of Africa I find.

L O feckin L!

Live 8

Marching is hard work if you do it in London or Edinburgh. I'd like some of these hypocrites to go on a forced march in Darfur or Harare where there isn't a Starbucks around for miles to order a skinny fcuking latte and see how the real thing is like.

Comment

Re: Live 8

What would be the point of a Starbucks in Darfur, you couldn't get wi-fi on your laptop and do some surfing whilst you slurp your latté :hat

Comment

Starbucks

Spot on. Whenever I go into one of them (not very often I may add) there at least a couple of guys with their laptops using it as an office (they seem to spend ages there) sipping a latte and happily tap-tapping away.

Comment

its their money

> there at least a couple of guys with their laptops using it as an office

And what's your fecking problem with these people?

Comment

Now I know

I thought I recognised you the other day AtW !

Comment

me

I don't waste time drinking latte in rip-off places like that. You are yet to answer my question :rolleyes

Comment

Re: me

Nice to see you're out at last roger - do you have to wear the tag in bed?

Comment

Re: me

I don't waste time drinking latte in rip-off places like that.
                  So what sort of places does the AtW frequent?

Comment

Working...
                  X