• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London B&B/Accomodation Help Needed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mate used to stay here when contracting down Vauxhall

Welcome to The Comfort Inn, London - Vauxhall

I think he got it down to around £45/£50 a night as he block booked in advance. You'll need to speak to the manager though and tell them you'll be staying there for x amount of months for y days a week.

Stayed there once when we went out on the lash, bathrooms were clean and rooms were warm.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

my modis operandi is to stay in a cheap hotel or b&b for a week, spend the lunches and evenings looking in the ad in tescos and the post office window for people letting a room out.
      you can get a room for about 40-50 a week, if you dont mind slumming it a bit

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Doesn't SAS live in South London?

You could share his bunk bed?

Comment

Central London B&Bs are an utter mug's game, grossly overpriced and with all the disadvantages others have mentioned.

Enrol with SpareRoom.co.uk or mondaytofriday.com and you're sure to find a cheap room in Pimlico, or somewhere such as Lambeth south of the River.

Other advantages of renting a room include (1) No problems with B&Bs being full and having to swap and change (2) You can turn up on sunday evening without needing to pay for an extra night, and then you won't be knackered having had to get up at silly o'clock on monday morning to commute from home to London.

I'm paying £60 per week for my room in Cambridge, which isn't much more than what I paid _daily_ for my B&B the first week on this gig. (edit: I do the same as EO - B&B it the first week or so, and ask around at clientco for areas to avoid etc - Sometimes clientco staff or contractors know people letting rooms)
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 31 March 2011, 12:21.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X