• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this sound like you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask.... a quick scan of their website & it seems that IOM companies can be bought off the shelf... so why aren't we all doing this? zero corporation tax seems too good to be true!

*NB please do not mention 'fairness' as a reason not to do so

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I think you have to be a friendless tightwad to live on the Isle of Man under those circumstances. That's put me right off building my business and becoming a multi millionaire
      The thought of a recruiter moving to a remote island seems a highly attractive proposition to me.

Comment

Originally posted by maximus
        I have to ask.... a quick scan of their website & it seems that IOM companies can be bought off the shelf... so why aren't we all doing this? zero corporation tax seems too good to be true!

*NB please do not mention 'fairness' as a reason not to do so
        We're not all doing it because for UK tax purposes it's neither here nor there where a company is incorporated. If you are the director of an IOM company but you live in the UK and the company does all it's business here (not sure of the exact criteria) then the company will be regarded as UK resident for tax purposes.

There was a guy who thought he'd got round it by having his off-shore accountant be the company director, but Hector proved the guy was really pulling the strings, and I think he went to jail.
        Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 11 March 2006, 11:08.

Comment

There was a guy who thought he'd got round it by having his off-shore accountant be the company director, but Hector proved the guy was really pulling the strings, and I think he went to jail.
          Yeah, if we let out all the murders and rapists, there will be plenty of room for the real scum of society, those that don't pay their "fair" share of taxes.

Comment

Working...
          X