• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should you drive a sports car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Another here, that doesn't require you to cover your house in solar panels.

How about a nuclear powered hydrogen car? Spent fuel rods aren't in short supply (even described as 'waste') and will happily generate hydrogen if mishandled. It could blow your roof off though. Either that or buy the hydrogen off the Japenese who aren't in short supply of H, but then you've still got the storage problem.

Nuclear plants may be clean hydrogen source

Fancy a nuclear powered car?
    Hell, yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Fancy a nuclear powered car?
      I can't wait for Sally Traffic saying long delays because somebody's had a meltdown on the M25. Or the day I can say "I'm sorry I'm late. My car had a china syndrome on the A34 and I had to call the AAA*."

*Atomic Automobile Association.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I can't wait for Sally Traffic saying long delays because somebody's had a meltdown on the M25. Or the day I can say "I'm sorry I'm late. My car had a china syndrome on the A34 and I had to call the AAA*."

*Atomic Automobile Association.

Ah, but another great beauty of nuclear power is that meltdowns will be covered up and the clean-up costs will be borne by the taxpayer. It's the ideal fuel. And you'll be long gone before it transpires that the AAA men received lethal doses.

Comment

I believe that there was a report recently that showed electric cars caused just as much CO2 emissions as petrol cars, in fact some petrol cars were shown to have lower emissions. Due to the amount of electricity needed to power the cars then the emissions from the power stations are greater. Admittedly the power stations do have procedures in place to recycle some of these emissions it still does show the fallacy in the electric vs. petrol debate. What I don't think was taken into account are the chemicals used in the creation of the batteries nor the recycling of them (pretty much like the recent ****-up with normal lightbulbs and those stupid energy saving ones.)

Oh, and the electric cars are quite a lot more expensive than their petrol counterparts.

Greens are only good boiled or fried with a nice bit of meat
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X