• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Dear Marge...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D&D 3rd ed.

Different Steve Jackson I think. The GURPS one is from Texas and the 'if you kiss the Klingon go to page 184' one is from Surrey.

I did an Ars Magica free form at a convention once. Kind of enjoyable but too many sad cases for me to ever do another one. Have never played the game 'around the table' but I know it is highly regarded. I'm not much of a fantasy gamer man really, was more into Traveller, Cthulhu and Champions.

Comment

Re: D&D 3rd ed.

Different Steve Jackson I think. The GURPS one is from Texas and the 'if you kiss the Klingon go to page 184' one is from Surrey.
      And for all these years I assumed they were one and the same

Cthulhu was a class game. Trouble is, my friends at the time didn't like it and were really into 'Vampire: The Masquerade' - which I never liked as I found it a tad pretentious.

Did you see the two cr@ppy movies they made based on the Cthulhu novels? The second one was quite interesting, but for all the wrong reasons

Comment

Definitive Proof

Steve Jackson (UK)

Steve Jackson (US)

You'd never guess either of them was a games designer would you?

Nope, was blissfully unaware of any Cthulhu movies, which sounds like a good move from your description!

Comment

Re: Definitive Proof

You'd never guess either of them was a games designer would you?
          Interesting point...what is the difference between a games designer and a techie? Sandals?

Nope, was blissfully unaware of any Cthulhu movies, which sounds like a good move from your description!
          There are two; both are pretty bad, although the second one, 'The Unnamable Returns' features a very nice young lady they discover in an old cave. Fortunately, being stuck in a cave for a few centures has given the woman an aversion to clothes of any description...lovely buns

Comment

Re: Definitive Proof

I like the tagline... "There are things on God's Earth that we can't explain and we can't describe".

Sounds like a good summation of Chico.

Comment

Working...
            X