• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a perfect evening...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Tell us more about these yummy Thais?
    forget the yummy thais, yummy bavarians, 6 foot slender females and mostly blonde

Yum2take it's called, if you're ever in Munich I recommend a visit.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
      Argh....missing Munich far too much. Maybe I should stop being so crap and actually try and learn German rather than just go to months of lessons and forget it all.

It's now or never I guess. Erm...what am I supposed to do with my sodding house deposit though if I don't buy a house with it?

Any hybrid self managing data/business analyst roles there?
      I don't speak German and most of the Müncheners I talk to use me as an English teacher. I say no, it's pronounced, "gonna nae do that"

Originally posted by Olly View Post
      Any hybrid self managing data/business analyst roles there?

I've utterly no idea what that means but there's a gazillion engineering jobs here. As an engineer here on the Deutsche tax system I comfortably clear twice what I would earn in the UK and this is me comparing uk gross with my deutsche net income.

ciao
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yup I got by fine on my work and social trips there but if I've been looking for work there and German's often required
        Agree about the ladyeeeeezzzz...remind me one day to tell the story of the very sophisticated looking tall blonde Bavarian Lufthansa air hostess who turned out to have a intricate Japanese water garden tattoo completely covering a thigh and bum cheek

The tax system can be good to you if you have a lot of expenses and dependants.

Not an engineer I'm afraid kind of an IT jack of all trades (master of some...ahem!)

Comment

Working...
        X