• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mein Kampf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downfall is a top movie. Other good movies in relation are the Piano Player, Stalingrad and Schindler's list.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
      another autobiographical book that was a realyl amazing read was a long Walk to Freedom by nelson mandella
      I have that on my bookshelf but have never read it. Daunted by the bloody size of the tome to be honest. My mother-in-law bought it for me - and she's been dead 6 years!

Perhaps I'll blow the dust off and give it a look then.

OT: Currently reading 'Moondust' by Andrew Smith which is a sort of collective biography of all the guys that went to the moon on the Apollo missions. Brilliant stuff.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Sod the books, Janey lives with another woman. Tell us more..................... but later....................I have to go.............
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            I have that on my bookshelf but have never read it. Daunted by the bloody size of the tome to be honest. My mother-in-law bought it for me - and she's been dead 6 years!

OT: Currently reading 'Moondust' by Andrew Smith which is a sort of collective biography of all the guys that went to the moon on the Apollo missions. Brilliant stuff.
            definitely worth a go... I found it really easy to read
            "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman

Also recommended is "A Man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin. From a long lost time of huge gambles at enormous cost paid for by the taxpayer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                Sod the books, Janey lives with another woman. Tell us more..................... but later....................I have to go.............
                you've corrupted me... have you seen the level of depravity reached in the the ligth relief threads?!
                so no more of your leading comments/questions! be gone with you

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                  you've corrupted me... have you seen the level of depravity reached in the the ligth relief threads?!
                  so no more of your leading comments/questions! be gone with you
                  Dont be like that, I was just beginning to warm to you.

Have I seen it? I am responsible for most of it.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                    Also recommended is "A Man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin. From a long lost time of huge gambles at enormous cost paid for by the taxpayer.
                    Maybe the Apollo missions were enormously expensive gambles, but I can't help feeling that our parents and grandparents generations had so much more of a 'can do' attitude to everything.

They had ability, organisational skills and sheer balls to tackle the most outrageous feats - like putting a man on the moon and getting him back alive.

These days, you can chuck all the money you want at a project (in whatever arena) and nothing happens - or its a disaster. Our generation just sits around in meetings covering our arseholes.

I don't think we'll be going back to the moon anytime soon - let alone mars.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                      Dont be like that, I was just beginning to warm to you.

Have I seen it? I am responsible for most of it.
                      I was meaning the stuff from the going direct thread really

but yes, you're bad and must be punished (oh god here goes another thread onto light relief!)

Comment

Working...
                      X