• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A 3000 round trip and they didn't even bring any pasta!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Italy is a darn sight closer than Saudi Arabia

And the Italians have the Tornado.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      However the RAF have a service and support contract which revolves around Marham...

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        However the RAF have a service and support contract which revolves around Marham...
        We're in a war! I'll worry about the T's & C's if we win.

On a slightly different tack, I wonder if there are any Libyan sleeper cells in the UK...

Comment

On a slightly different tack, I wonder if there are any Libyan sleeper cells in the UK...
          What, you looking for a cheap hotel?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

We're in a war! I'll worry about the T's & C's if we win.

Yes, if you count Belfast
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              so why would they rebase to Saudi ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And apart from a few power sets completely irrelevant.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  And apart from a few power sets completely irrelevant.
                  And large ribbons of tarmac to land and depart. Oh, and maintenance facilities.

Comment

And large ribbons of tarmac to land and depart. Oh, and maintenance facilities.
                    Having served on a Tornado squadron detached to southern Italy on Operation Deny Flight (Bosnia) I for once have some idea what I'm on about. Now get back in that comfy armchair.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                      Having served on a Tornado squadron detached to southern Italy on Operation Deny Flight (Bosnia) I for once have some idea what I'm on about. Now get back in that comfy armchair.
                      I believe the Canadians, Danes and Spanish have already sent stuff to sicily, the US to the North of Italy. Norwegians landed yesterday but will take a few days to become operational, the Brits are still 'considering' whether to rebase to Sicily
                      I am interested where the four Quatari planes will fly operations from.

The Italians also have a carrier down there, the Garibaldi. I never knew the Italians had a carrier

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X