• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making sense of radiation doses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.1 μSv =
    FTFY
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

true story.

when I was a young savage, I worked in the military as a radar technician.

One of the tracking kits I worked on was ace for switching off the safety buttons, lowering the dish, and tracking the Royal Artillery Sergeant who gave me an extra duty around the vehicle compound, giving him full power in a tight beam.
      I used to try to get the crosshairs right on his hairy goolies. the turd.

The moral of the story - try not to make enemies, even the most seemingly-innocuous little scrote can be working hard to make sure your nuts swell up and burst into flames

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        true story.

when I was a young savage, I worked in the military as a radar technician.

One of the tracking kits I worked on was ace for switching off the safety buttons, lowering the dish, and tracking the Royal Artillery Sergeant who gave me an extra duty around the vehicle compound, giving him full power in a tight beam.
        I used to try to get the crosshairs right on his hairy goolies. the turd.

The moral of the story - try not to make enemies, even the most seemingly-innocuous little scrote can be working hard to make sure your nuts swell up and burst into flames

That's how the microwave oven was invented.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          That's how the microwave oven was invented.
          I should have got a nobel prize?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I should have got a nobel prize?

A couple of Golden Globes at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              A couple of Golden Globes at the very least.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

On site we had a film badge analysed every week to tell you it was too late. And when we went into active areas we had to collect a 'gammacom' which bleeped intermittently. At least with that one you knew if it bleeped like mad you ran away. Always bleeped most in the ponds area, I hated going there.

On the pile cap during shutdown it hardly even bleeped, I hated foing there too, too many alarms going off....

Comment

The Ministry of Health Labor and Welfare raised the maximum allowable exposure for nuclear workers to 250 millisieverts from 100 millisieverts. It described the move as "unavoidable due to the circumstances."
                  Japan hikes legal radiation dose for nuclear workers - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com
                  The sacrifice of the few outweighs the needs of the many.

They don't mention over what time period, so I can't place this in my list or chart.

Comment

I notice even the media are moving as far as they can from Fukushima, and they appear somewhat lacking in the Geiger counter department too, and yet when it comes to war they are rarely to be seen away from the front line where they are apt to get bumped off by the Americans. They do often report the officially provided radiation figures though, plus the disbelief of those figures by the citizens and outside commentators.

Comment

Headlines are pretty sensationalist. www.thesun.co.uk
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X