• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Value Of George Orwell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore
    thats a rather long post that I cant be arsed to read. Can anyone summarise pls if it's remotely interesting?

Nothing you dont know or havent heard before. Possible that Scrote is going to start quoting somebody else.

Do you think he will ever manage to add value to a discussion or will he keep repeating 50 year old arguments that some of us co-opted into our viewpoints years ago?

I for one dont need twats like him cluttering up the argument and why the hell he thinks he needs to educate me is beyond me.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      Perhapes if you actually posted something vaguely relavent to the subject matter of the forum you might get a better responce. Rather than simply displaying your ability to cut and paste and / or make irrelevent sub-Orwellian pronouncements that contribute nothing to the debate at hand, why not actually say something people might be interested in. That way we mght take you a little more seriously.

As it is you are nothing but a troll of the worst kind. One without even the imagination to realise he is a troll and actually make it worth while for the rest of us to flame you.
      Indeed. central Scrotum's unoriginal posts inspire a sinking feeling for their inevitability. Proof that having a little intelligence is a dangerous thing. I suppose that he must be the bore with halitosis at parties, dreaded by all the guests.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perhaps if you actually posted something vaguely relevant to the subject matter of the forum you might get a better response.
        As it is you are nothing but a troll of the worst kind.....
        Oh come on Dave, the subject matter is "General" and it's pretty well-named. And the OP has made many interesting posts, dare I say since before you have been doing so here?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          Oh come on Dave, the subject matter is "General" and it's pretty well-named. And the OP has made many interesting posts, dare I say since before you have been doing so here?

Ummm, who exactly did you think I was talking about? Or am I getting grumpy and missing a joke......
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ummm, who exactly did you think I was talking about? Or am I getting grumpy and missing a joke......
            Central Scrutinizer. But I've just realized that he slagged you in the middle of the thread, so grump was definitely called for.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              The OP? Orwellian Prat? Old Prole? Odd Plonker?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

or make irrelevent sub-Orwellian pronouncements that contribute nothing to the debate at hand,

The debate at hand can be determined by the name of the thread, which is, if you could only be bothered to read it , The value of George Orwell.

Orwellian or what ...

At any rate his true name was Eric Blair, now is that Orwellian or what ...
                If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Central-Scrote, you do realise that you are officially the forum bore, don't you?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    The OP? Orwellian Prat? Old Prole? Odd Plonker?
                    GAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
                      or make irrelevent sub-Orwellian pronouncements that contribute nothing to the debate at hand,

The debate at hand can be determined by the name of the thread, which is, if you could only be bothered to read it , The value of George Orwell.

Orwellian or what ...

At any rate his true name was Eric Blair, now is that Orwellian or what ...
                      Which is sitting on a Board named "General : General issues affecting and of interest to contractors."; somthing which many here feel you are struggling to achieve.

However, I didn't know that Orwells real name was Eric Blair and I'm pretty certain that if you had pitched with that fact and drawn some brief and succinct political parralels with New Labour based on it we could have had a lively and informed debate on the current state of British politics and the nation in general, or not.

In any case, simply cutting and pasting other peoples work and expecting others to take you seriously because of that is not really the best approach - despite what some of the C++ coders on here would have you belive

Of course, if you are actually the alter ego of some ancient and original member of the forum then I have been well and truly trolled and I congratulate you on your success
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X