• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    1. I used to have a little robin that would sit on the handle of my fork while I was gardening.

2. Then, one day, I turned around and the poor sod was being carried off in the jaws of some fat ginger thing.
    1. Oi, that's my thing.

2. I was going to make a joke about SY here, but that would be mean.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      1. Oi, that's my thing.
      Please tell

Comment

I used to have a little robin that would sit on the handle of my fork while I was gardening. Then, one day, I turned around and the poor sod was being carried off in the jaws of some fat ginger thing.
        I think the trick is to put a little bell on them. Then they can ding it when they see a cat coming

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Please tell
          You haven't watched my film, have you.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Amazing to watch how the tiniest, scrawniest little moggy will show absolutely no fear when confronting a huge, powerful dog.
            Which in the case of next door's and our Greyhound (before anyone has a go this was a long time ago and the dog was technically my sister's) was a bad move on the part of the cat. Previous dogs had a scar from that cat - the cat had a scar from the Greyhound.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I think the trick is to put a little bell on them. Then they can ding it when they see a cat coming

It doesn't work.

Either that or the local birds are deaf round our way judging from the skeletal detritus in our back garden.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                It doesn't work.

Either that or the local birds are deaf round our way judging from the skeletal detritus in our back garden.
                That's an effective cull of defective birds.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  You haven't watched my film, have you.
                  No. I do try and watch it every Christmas but I always fall asleep before that bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    That's an effective cull of defective birds.
                    Hell of a lot of them in Numptonshire it seems
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

No. I do try and watch it every Christmas but I always fall asleep before that bit.
                      Well she breaks the robin's neck after the song. Then goes on a murdering rampage and kills all the younger children and pimps out the older ones to Dick Van dyke

It is a horror film after all.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X