• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cats - good, prawns - bad.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Is that like tea and biscuits?
      More like cat food, really.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Is that like tea and biscuits?
        Somehow, I very much doubt tea and biscuits were high on the refreshment list of the Hawkwind members.

Unless the tea was laced with lsd and the biscuits were homemade hash cookies.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          cats - good, prawns - bad.
          You can't eat cats*

Anyway cats should be kept with a dog. It gives them something else to torment and they will leave you alone until they want food or petting.

*Well you can but it's not advisable in the UK
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Somehow, I very much doubt tea and biscuits were high on the refreshment list of the Hawkwind members.

Unless the tea was laced with lsd and the biscuits were homemade hash cookies.
            I used to know vaguely the son of a memeber of Hawkwind. He had a nickname and it turned out it was short for Denethor. We reckoned that that the other band members had nicked all of the good Lord of the Rings names and Denethor was the best of a bad bunch still left.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You can't eat cats*

Anyway cats should be kept with a dog. It gives them something else to torment and they will leave you alone until they want food or petting.

*Well you can but it's not advisable in the UK
              Amazing to watch how the tiniest, scrawniest little moggy will show absolutely no fear when confronting a huge, powerful dog.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Amazing to watch how the tiniest, scrawniest little moggy will show absolutely no fear when confronting a huge, powerful dog.
                There as the huge, powerful dog is often frozen with fear at the sight of the moggy.

Though cats are definitely strange. I've come across 5 on one of my runs sitting around a twig of a tree all looking up at the branches. However there was no other animal in the tree.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  There as the huge, powerful dog is often frozen with fear at the sight of the moggy.

Though cats are definitely strange. I've come across 5 on one of my runs sitting around a twig of a tree all looking up at the branches. However there was no other animal in the tree.
                  They were basically attempting a food summoning spell*, and they were waiting for something tasty to turn up in the leafy bough of the tree.

* (as we all know, cats were a witch's favoured familiar)
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    They were basically attempting a food summoning spell*, and they were waiting for something tasty to turn up in the leafy bough of the tree.

* (as we all know, cats were a witch's favoured familiar)
                    This may explain the video I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Because of quantity or what? We have that dry pellet litter which breaks down to absorb moisture and is relatively odor-free unless it gets over-full.
                      To be honest, I think they should be outside, although my main gripe about cats is what they do to the local wildlife so I see the merits in keeping them inside.

I used to have a little robin that would sit on the handle of my fork while I was gardening. Then, one day, I turned around and the poor sod was being carried off in the jaws of some fat ginger thing.

Back to your question I have my instructions - I am to spoon the turds off the top and put them in a plastic bag & stick another layer of litter in the tray. Problem is, these turds are not always solid

Comment

Working...
                      X