• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got business premises?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you plonker Shim

it's about keeping the costs down and flexibility up !!

either:

convert a room in your loft,

or as you suggested, build a nice gazebo http://www.gazebodepot.com/
    in the garden - might even add to the value of your place

feck's sake.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
      Get yourself a virtual office. They normally cost about a ton a month for taking calls and receiving mail and they usually offer space, either hot desks or breakout areas you can use...

£85 per month and £1 per incomming call answered. Just make sure you don't give any agents your number

Comment

Milad, I have already converted the garage into said work space, problem is that whilst brats are pre-school age they are a distraction - or rather the missuses nagging is.

Regardless of the agreement to be left alone for 8 hours a day, I usually get hassled after half an hour, followed by huffs and sulks when I say I am busy.

Need to escape to be productive....

Comment

I see,

can sympathise

look, tell her in doors, that if she wants that
          machine she puts her card into to continue to
          spew out cash she's gonna have to give you some
          peace and let you work

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            I see,

can sympathise

look, tell her in doors, that if she wants that
            machine she puts her card into to continue to
            spew out cash she's gonna have to give you some
            peace and let you work

Milan.
            Ah.... you definetely split up with your woman, right Milan?

Don't worry, you'll soon find another one (as long as you change your attitude though and you accept that they rule the world).
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              you plonker Shim

it's about keeping the costs down and flexibility up !!

either:

convert a room in your loft,

or as you suggested, build a nice gazebo http://www.gazebodepot.com/
              in the garden - might even add to the value of your place

feck's sake.

Milan.
              Beware of Capital Gains Tax being charged on that portion of your home you use as a 'place of business' when you sell your main domicile.

God knows who'd ever admit to it, but that's the law as I understand it.

Thankfully, home offices and workshops do not yet attract business rates - yet (although I'm sure it will occur to some bright spark at the treasury that they are missing out on squillons, sooner or later).

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Franko,

I conclude your English rose is the chief in your house

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit
                  I know someone who works from home every day, has been doing it for years. Every day he leaves the house in the morning, goes for a 10 minute walk and then returns home to start work. He says it puts him into his "work" state of mind.
                  That's actually a really good idea. I have my spare room set up as an office and make a point of being up and dressed and go into the office for 9am and turn on the computer, which does kind of work.

Maybe I should get in the car at 8.30, drive one junction up the M40, turn around and come back again, and then do it all again at the end of the day. I wonder if I can claim that as business mileage?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                    That's actually a really good idea. I have my spare room set up as an office and make a point of being up and dressed and go into the office for 9am and turn on the computer, which does kind of work.

Maybe I should get in the car at 8.30, drive one junction up the M40, turn around and come back again, and then do it all again at the end of the day. I wonder if I can claim that as business mileage?
                    Drive to a service station and work there in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
                      Milad, I have already converted the garage into said work space, problem is that whilst brats are pre-school age they are a distraction - or rather the missuses nagging is.

Regardless of the agreement to be left alone for 8 hours a day, I usually get hassled after half an hour, followed by huffs and sulks when I say I am busy.

Need to escape to be productive....
                      Just bill her for your time.

You'll find you become much more productive once you're living on your own

Comment

Working...
                      X