• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS F'ing BHF F'ing FFS Fnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You are now in a queue. Please don't close this page as you will lose your place in the queue. Uh huh.

Page refresh. <Blinks>
    When you say "Page refresh", you do mean that the page refreshed itself..? I mean, you didn't keep hitting F5...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Have you considered a career that goes somewhere other than hitting on SY?
      Nopes. And I would like to add that SuitYou is perfectly capable of fighting his battles and he does not a muppet to rush to his rescue.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Nopes. And I would like to add that SuitYou is perfectly capable of fighting his battles and he does not a muppet to rush to his rescue.
        Oi ****-knuckles, over here!
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I don't like those downturned racing handlebars. I can see there's obviously less air resistance with the rider stooped down, but after a few dozen miles they must feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame when they finally stagger off the bike.

Give me sit up and beg handlebars any time.
          When I was a nipper I used to have a racing bike and my handlebars were as low as I could get them, about 2-3" lower than my saddle. But then I used to ride 100s of miles a week and I could sustain 30mph on the flat for over 10 minutes. I did that old frame up with some new components (9sp shimano drivetrain, some nice hand built wheels, everything but the seatpost basically) a few years ago and I had to go out of my way to find a shorter handlebar stem with enough rise that I could avoid crippling myself......

These days less hardcore "sportive" type frames have slightly higher headtubes e.g.
          and they are pretty comfy when you're resting on the brake hoods. The length of the top tube and stem makes a big difference to how stretched out you are as well, probably the most important dimension to get right when buying a bike IMO.
          Last edited by doodab; 13 March 2011, 17:21.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            When I was a nipper I used to have a racing bike and my handlebars were as low as I could get them, about 2-3" lower than my saddle. But then I used to ride 100s of miles a week and I could sustain 30mph on the flat for over 10 minutes. I did that old frame up with some new components (9sp shimano drivetrain, some nice hand built wheels, everything but the seatpost basically) a few years ago and I had to go out of my way to find a shorter handlebar stem with enough rise that I could avoid crippling myself......

These days less hardcore "sportive" type frames have slightly higher headtubes e.g.
            and they are pretty comfy when you're resting on the brake hoods. The length of the top tube and stem makes a big difference to how stretched out you are as well, probably the most important dimension to get right when buying a bike IMO.
            More importantly I would only choose a bike with pedals.

HTH

Comment

Just done an hour off road on sand. 1st time on bike for a year.

Just off to die now.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Just done an hour off road on sand. 1st time on bike for a year.

Just off to die now.
                True story

Sand in Farnborough, you lieing bastid

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  True story

Sand in Farnborough, you lieing bastid
                  There's a bit of sand by Hawley Lake. It's only about 100 yards, so yes, probably did take him an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    There's a bit of sand by Hawley Lake. It's only about 100 yards, so yes, probably did take him an hour.
                    Piss off. It's sandy in the downs/forests between the airport and racecourse. Sandy! Oh and there were tigers, big **** off tigers with razor sharp teeth who'd bite your hand off if you stopped.

True story.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Piss off. It's sandy in the downs/forests between the airport and racecourse. Sandy! Oh and there were tigers, big **** off tigers with razor sharp teeth who'd bite your hand off if you stopped.

True story.
                      OK fatty.

Comment

Working...
                      X