• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Lesbians!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    One of the only reasons I wear a skirt at work because it ensures men open doors for me. Years ago I realised every time I wore trousers men in general wouldn't open doors for me with women it made no difference. And as I tend to work with more men then women .....

Also I noticed if I'm wearing a skirt and knee high boots male drivers are more likely to stop and let me cross the road. It was weird when I made that connection and London bus drivers started doing it. Women drivers tend to ignore you as a pedestrian but are more likely to let you out when driving.
    Aah, you're one of those women.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Aah, you're one of those women.
      One of those women who knows how to get things done?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sorry Ma'am, I didn't think you could lift those fat bingo wings to open it yourself.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          If you like!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You'd just open the door for anyone wouldn't you if you both arrived, or where going for the door at the same time.

Just good manners innit.
            Zaccly. It's all a bit puzzling to me - if someone, male or female holds the door open for me - I say cheers. If someone's near enough behind me, I will hold the door open for them, male or female.

I will even say thanks if they've held the door open while I'm still 5 miles away and have to do that stupid trot thing to get to the door quickly.

I do find it bizarre how many people don't have basic manners though.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              WHS

Seriously MP if you know how to change a car tyre you will never have to because if you start doing it some bloke will come along and help.

Well they need to feel useful so you may as well allow them to feel better about themselves even if it does take them longer to put up a bookcase than you.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

WHS

Seriously MP if you know how to change a car tyre you will never have to because if you start doing it some bloke will come along and help.

Well they need to feel useful so you may as well allow them to feel better about themselves even if it does take them longer to put up a bookcase than you.
                I'm a contractor FFS. Personally I do know how to change a car tyre, but I prefer to ring my account manager at Mr Benz's dealership and he sends a mechanic or a replacement car within 30 minutes, thus saving me the indignity of mucky hands and a black stain on my shirt.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

WHS

Poor parenting and now useless at car mechanics. You really are putting the boot in Sue!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

One of the only reasons I wear a skirt at work because it ensures men open doors for me. Years ago I realised every time I wore trousers men in general wouldn't open doors for me with women it made no difference. And as I tend to work with more men then women .....

Also I noticed if I'm wearing a skirt and knee high boots male drivers are more likely to stop and let me cross the road. It was weird when I made that connection and London bus drivers started doing it. Women drivers tend to ignore you as a pedestrian but are more likely to let you out when driving.

Really? Not been my experience.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      I'm a contractor FFS. Personally I do know how to change a car tyre, but I prefer to ring my account manager at Mr Benz's dealership and he sends a mechanic or a replacement car within 30 minutes, thus saving me the indignity of mucky hands and a black stain on my shirt.
                      It's normally the workmen types who stop.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X