• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a bigger fashion faux pas than...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Current trend in Zurich

Black skin tight leggings
    Black fur trim ankle boots

Sorry but they look like poodles
    To complete that picture all they need is a fur hat.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      And you haven't played golf in the colonial tropics. You don't get past the doorman if you have shorts without long socks.
      shorts with long socks is acceptable - like wearing a bow tie it's the mark of a buffoon and serves as a warning sign

its the American knee-shorts with white socks look that gets me as it often sported by celebs I have some kind of respect for.
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        To complete that picture all they need is a fur hat.
        And a whip?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Nice that they've got the legs for it, eh chubs?
          They certainly have!

I don't miss the commuting I was doing last year, but Zurich main station during rush hour had compensations.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Only a complete twerp would turn up to work on a scorching hot day with a long sleeved shirt on....or am I missing something.

and why can't you put socks on when you're wearing sandles, do you reallly need to poke your bare feet up someone's nose.

These sound like "Brit" habits, the same people that turn up in continental countries wearing white socks, hankies on their head, and 50p white T-shirts with a Union Jack on, whilst talking to foreigners in a loud voice.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Why do some men wear a shirt and trousers with no belt? It looks messy to me.
              Because they don't need a belt to hold their trousers up? It seems logical to me.

(I'm thinking of a well tailored suit here)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                And a whip?
                Hmmm, now that does conjure an image...

Back in 5

Comment

Must be. Last time I wore knee length socks I was....well, I won't go into that.
                  Do I know you?

Comment

They wear braces in the City (or used to). So what's to stop one wearing shorts, socks, and sock suspenders?

I think it would look very smart.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Must be. Last time I wore knee length socks I was....well, I won't go into that.
                      I was in Manila last year and quite a few girls in their 20s wore short skirts and long socks. Thoroughly indecent looking.

Comment

Working...
                      X