• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a bigger fashion faux pas than...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I visited a few high street chains in the hope of finding some comfy jeans but all I found were 'skinny fit' (tight on the balls), 'low rise' (arse hanging out, carrot cut (no idea???) or 'bow leg' (rickets).

Is it me?
    No, it's not just you. All the shops I've ever seen are the same - All they sell is those ultra-tight, shallow draft, "rent-boy" jeans that ride up your arse.

I've never come across a practical pair of good quality loose jeans, of a normal fit.

I've been wondering if one can get decent jeans online, and if so where. Any ideas?

As a size 11, I have the same problem with shoes.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      No, it's not just you. All the shops I've ever seen are the same - All they sell is those ultra-tight, shallow draft, "rent-boy" jeans that ride up your arse.

I've never come across a practical pair of good quality loose jeans, of a normal fit.

I've been wondering if one can get decent jeans online, and if so where. Any ideas?

Get yourself off to Slaters Menswear .

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
        The thing that most annoys me about British clothes culture is short socks. Unless you are playing certain sports (eg squash or tennis) socks should always be knee-length.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Seeing as I put back 9/10 pairs I try on I wouldn't risk buying a pair I couldn't try first.

The funny thing is I emptied out my wardrobe when I got home and found 8 good pairs I'd forgotten about.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You are but that's not the reason

I didn't see the word "Carrot cut" when I was looking for jeans they were slim fit, bootleg, curvy (same as boot leg), skinny, wide leg and boyfriend (same as wide leg).
            From GJ's description I'd say this bizarre cut is solely for the boys.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              The funny thing is I emptied out my wardrobe when I got home and found 8 good pairs I'd forgotten about.
              But do any of them still fit ?

Comment

Most european jeans will be of that fit these days

Carhartt do decent loose fitting jeans as they were built for loggers.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  He's someone's grand dad.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    From GJ's description I'd say this bizarre cut is solely for the boys.
                    Apparently it means tapered. The successor of skinny fit.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      He's someone's grand dad.
                      Must be. Last time I wore knee length socks I was....well, I won't go into that.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X