• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gazumped!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
    Do I know you?
    no.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      no.

Ah ok then

Comment

<DrEvil>
        mwoooohahahahaha!
        mwooohahahaha!
        mwoohaha!
        mwha
        ha....
        </DrEvil>

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          ROFL. The above situation has come to pass. Who would've thought it.

Other buyer has pulled out. Vendor has come straight back to us. We've since had an offer accepted on a really nice place elsewhere.

I shall be practising my sympathatic voice this evening. Want to get just the right amount of sarcasm into the phrase, "Oh dear, what a shame".

I shall do that after tea.
          Obviously, if you were still interested, it would be at a new lower price.

I mean, when you made your initial offer, that was then and this is now.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            ROFL. The above situation has come to pass. Who would've thought it.

Other buyer has pulled out. Vendor has come straight back to us. We've since had an offer accepted on a really nice place elsewhere.

I shall be practising my sympathatic voice this evening. Want to get just the right amount of sarcasm into the phrase, "Oh dear, what a shame".

I shall do that after tea.
            Predictable situation.

I do hope you enjoy your chance to respond
            Last edited by TykeMerc; 22 March 2011, 16:29.

Comment

As others have said I suspect the agent is trying to get you to push up the price. However if (when) the higher bid fails, why not continue with your much lower bid - afterall you liked it enough to place the original offer. It sounds like you are prepared to cut your nose off to spite your face.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                As others have said I suspect the agent is trying to get you to push up the price. However if (when) the higher bid fails, why not continue with your much lower bid - afterall you liked it enough to place the original offer. It sounds like you are prepared to cut your nose off to spite your face.
                He's already offered on another place and it's been accepted.

Following a gazumping I'd have to be extremely interested in the place and get it at a very low offer price to consider going back.

Comment

I wouldn't bother even responding, e.g.

Vendor: The other buyer has fallen through.
                  You: oh

<click>

Vendor: I think we must have got cut off there.

<click>

See how many calls it will take before they take the hint.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I wouldn't bother even responding, e.g.

Vendor: The other buyer has fallen through.

<click>

Vendor: I think we must have got cut off there.

<click>

See how many calls it will take before they take the hint.
                    That's got potential

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Obviously, if you were still interested, it would be at a new lower price.

I mean, when you made your initial offer, that was then and this is now.
                      So true. I have to admit that I'm a bit torn. The other place we've had an offer accepted on is really special, although it's more expensive. Perhaps a much lower price on the first house might entice me back.

Comment

Working...
                      X