• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PRINCE2 RE-Registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Advice from someone that seems to make a living from selling PRICE2 related articles? PRINCE2 is useless and if the public sector didn't seem to want to waste money like it was going out of fashion would probably never have happened.
    Bingo!

I find the vast majority of places that cling to these 'working practice frameworks' do so because their product/software is out of control and they feel that if they can manage the process of change they can manage the crap software which is a false economy. I have seen whole software departments become management driven waggling the tail and not focused on getting the dog that is the code base.

The office across from me does Prince training courses, it is just an endless stream of public sector managers through the week. I believe if they spent the training money on the developers and not the managers then they might get more ROI.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePRINCE2coach View Post
      Have a look and tell me what you think: The PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual (draft)
      Its readable so that's an improvement on the actual manual.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The office across from me does Prince training courses, it is just an endless stream of public sector managers through the week. I believe if they spent the training money on the developers and not the managers then they might get more ROI.
      I think if you simply sacked the managers many places would be better off.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X