• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the stupidest thing you've done as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know one contractor who thought the whole contract money was his and spent it all.

A Bob too - fled the country.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I know one contractor who thought the whole contract money was his and spent it all.

It isn't?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Wasn't me but worked in a team of mostly contractors who were with same agency and renewed around the same time.

He got his renewal and sent a mail to the team along the lines of 'Yeah, extension!!! Creaming it on this gig and I have to do f' all for it. Let the permies do it for me' etc etc.

Remember the fact I said 'MOSTLY contractors' in the team.....

Was a bit tough for us all for a few weeks after so wasn't funny then but makes me smile now.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
          That is certainly the stupidest thing anyone could do!!!.
          I got married, beat that one
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            I got married, beat that one
            I bought a Vectra.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Sounds sensible to me, the stupid ones are the ones who stay and pay all that tax :/

Comment

A long time ago I hacked what I thought was a standalone server for a largish defense company. I changed a couple of things including the pre-login message.

The following day I found out that my changes had replicated across several parts of the organisation...

And around 7500 staff saw a very rude login message that morning
                SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
                  A long time ago I hacked what I thought was a standalone server for a largish defense company. I changed a couple of things including the pre-login message.

The following day I found out that my changes had replicated across several parts of the organisation...

And around 7500 staff saw a very rude login message that morning
                  I did something very similar
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Spending everything I earned during the first few years. If I'd been a bit more sensible when I started out I'd be loaded now.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Spending everything I earned during the first few years. If I'd been a bit more sensible when I started out I'd be loaded now.
                      WHS ++

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X