• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global warming and scientific consensus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not to mention mathematical statistics which is the science of drawing inferences from experimental data correctly (i.e. avoiding bias).
    That is not science. Science is empirical. To paraphrase Feynman: it doesn't matter what the mathematics says, or what a scientist says, no matter how important he may be <laughter from audience>, if experiment conflicts with theory, that theory is wrong.

Your scientific intuition is almost non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      That is not science. Science is empirical. To paraphrase Feynman: it doesn't matter what the mathematics says, or what a scientist says, no matter how important he may be <laughter from audience>, if experiment conflicts with theory, that theory is wrong.

Your scientific intuition is almost non-existent.
      I was using "science" in the sense of being opposite to "art".
      I thought that was obvious from the context. Mea culpa.
      One thing that both science and maths share (if done right) is an emphasis on logic as opposed to human subjectivity with all its biases, and this is what I meant.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
      X