• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ftfy
    I've still got the biggest rear spoiler in the street though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I've still got the biggest rear spoiler in the street though.

Handy for opening the boot if you have a bad back.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

For eating up miles on a big comfy car that you can stick three kids in and all your luggage. And if they all puke in the corners, it's only a Ford. Cheap to insure, any garage can service or mend it.

Ford S-MAX Reviews | New Ford S Max Z | New S Max 7 Seat | Ford S Max MPV Car
        Ford S-MAX | New Reviews | Car Reviews | Auto Express
        Ford S-MAX Best MPV | Auto Express | New Car Awards 2010 | Review
        Ford S-Max 2010 Road Test | Road Tests | Honest John
        If you're doing MPV, I would prefer this one,nicer overall:

Peugeot 5008 MPV - Summary - New Car Review - What Car?

Or get a Mazda 6 estate for bulletproof reliability (unlike the Germans), sporty drive and comfort
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

For eating up miles on a big comfy car that you can stick three kids in and all your luggage. And if they all puke in the corners, it's only a Ford. Cheap to insure, any garage can service or mend it.

Ford S-MAX Reviews | New Ford S Max Z | New S Max 7 Seat | Ford S Max MPV Car
          Ford S-MAX | New Reviews | Car Reviews | Auto Express
          Ford S-MAX Best MPV | Auto Express | New Car Awards 2010 | Review
          Ford S-Max 2010 Road Test | Road Tests | Honest John
          I only have the kids a couple of weekends a month so not worth getting a Transit
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I only have the kids a couple of weekends a month so not worth getting a Transit
            Get a Mondeo then. Sorted.

Comment

Fiat Panda
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've got a 5 Series 520d touring which I'm currently doing a 150 mile per day commute in and I can definitely recommend it. It is a nice big car which eats up the miles and makes the commute as nice as it can be. It’s the small things that that make the experience nice like windscreen wipers that come on automatically when it rains (especially nice when the rain is light so you don’t have to constantly turn your wipers on and off) and integrated Bluetooth for your phone and sat nat etc. You can most probably get these as optional extras on other cars but they come as standard on the 5 Series so you know you are getting them if you buy the car second hand.

Talking of second hand I can recommend Car Giant which is where I got my car. The price was on the low teens which is a third of what you would but it new and although it had done 86 000 miles it was in mint condition and I was not to worried about that sort of mileage on a diesel engine. I thought the 114 point check they do before they give you the car was sales BS but I was a day late in getting the car as the had to replaced the clutch and some bearings. I’ve had the car for two years now and it definitely one of the better purchases I have made

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Looking for a new car to replace my MG which is carp when it comes to good fuel economy. Looking for something big (have 3 kids at the weekend), comfy for long trips on the motorway (am clocking up 800 miles a week at the moment), with a good MPG thats still fun to drive.

Is a BMW 520d too obvious a choice?
                  That or a Mondeo Titanium 2.0 diesel (What Car used car of the year). Neither is very nice to look at but do what they say on the tin. If budget stretches a 4 yr old 535d is very quick will do 35mpg+ and should be about 15k.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    That or a Mondeo Titanium 2.0 diesel (What Car used car of the year). Neither is very nice to look at but do what they say on the tin. If budget stretches a 4 yr old 535d is very quick will do 35mpg+ and should be about 15k.
                    With a (£300) ECU remap and rolling road tune you can get over 300bhp from a 535d. Not bad for a cheap diesel car with pretty good fuel economy.

Would leave sasguru in his tired old Mazda 626 a small dot in the rear view mirror.

Comment

With a (£300) ECU remap and rolling road tune you can get over 300bhp from a 535d. Not bad for a cheap diesel car with pretty good fuel economy.

Would leave sasguru in his tired old Mazda 626 a small dot in the rear view mirror.
                      Nah mate my MPS would barrel past the broken down Beemer.
                      Not to mention AWD in the snow
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X