• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company taglines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure one of the Wil Self short stories has a room full of people who are paid to constantly use trademarked terms in order to get them into common usage and therefore un-trademarked
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I'm sure one of the Wil Self short stories has a room full of people who are paid to constantly use trademarked terms in order to get them into common usage and therefore un-trademarked
      Wii is not generalised word - people don't say - "let's go wii" to mean they are going to play console games.

Xerox had to actually sue people to stop usage of "I'll go xerox that paper" and make people use words "photo-copying", why? Because if they had not done so then they'd lose their trademark and company name.

Expect to see Google (tm) to go after those who say "googling" in the next 5 years.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Wii is not generalised word - people don't say - "let's go wii" to mean they are going to play console games.

Xerox had to actually sue people to stop usage of "I'll go xerox that paper" and make people use words "photo-copying", why? Because if they had not done so then they'd lose their trademark and company name.

Expect to see Google (tm) to go after those who say "googling" in the next 5 years.

HTH
        Strangely Microsoft seem to be encouraging people to "Bing for it"
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Strangely Microsoft seem to be encouraging people to "Bing for it"
          Yes, notice capital B and it ain't just because this is start of sentence, and also they encourange to Bing for it at some specific site - not generally saying go "search for stuff".

Comment

Working...
          X