• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Mountain Bikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will happily recommend Cube, another German brand. I loved mine till it got nicked. ****ers.

If you are looking for a bargain, decathlon do some fairly decent bikes for £4-500. I have the 2000 and something version of this: Decathlon - BIKES / BICYCLES / CYCLES bikes VTT B'TWIN - 8.1 2010 B'TWIN - regular mountain bikers looking for high performance on all terrains.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WDS

Almost recommended a decathlon - top of the list on bikeradar under search>brand. (on a mobile so you'll have to find it yourself). Frames are shit: but you'll never push it enough to know that. Most people won't.

Comment

Bought a Reebok Solo from Halfords last year - nothing glamorous, wheels go round, gears change and the brakes work. Good vfm.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Almost recommended a decathlon
          Here it is. It's actually quite good value for money - but I'd go for the Fisher myself.

Comment

If it's just a bike to tootle along with the kids on I wouldn't cough up more than £100 on a bone shaker.

If you are getting into cycling properly then think where you're going to ride and make a choice based on that.

Comment

thanks folks

oh well I'll get the Merida mountain bike then I can't be arsed spending three weeks of my free time researching and becoming
              an expert in the field of bikes

Milan.

Comment

Got a Giant Anthem X3 myself andlove it. You cant go wront with Giant. Full suss with decent componants for about 1k. It'll be pleasing you for years

Comment

bollox,

damn,

why can't buying a bike be easy like it was in the old days

bollox

so many decisions, cross or mtb, hard back or soft back

we're not talking small money here and if you or I get it wrong I'll be fecked for years

bollox

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                  X