• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslowesque true story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No obligation to sell at that price - just an 'invitation to treat'?

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If anyone is interested I'm selling a brand new Pagani Zonda, asking price £1.
      ok, I'll test drive it then...

Comment

Agree to it. And then just before exchange of contracts say you'll only pay the originally advertised price.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Agree to it. And then just before exchange of contracts say you'll only pay the originally advertised price.
          Gazunder them back.

Brilliant, hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Usually gazumping is another buyer coming along with a higher offer. This property had received no offers, except mine (at the asking price) and the estate agent told me they had a new policy of slashing prices to generate viewings but telling vendors to stick to their original asking prices.

Never heard of this new policy that an estate agent has dreamed up.

If anyone is interested I'm selling a brand new Pagani Zonda, asking price £1.

Sure, you're only allowed to hike the price 30% though.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I saw a house I liked the look of, it had been reduced considerably (thankyou Property Bee, what a useful bit of software).

Went and viewed it. Liked it.

Other half went with me and viewed it again. We both liked it.

Phoned the agent, and offered the full asking price.

Vendor said "No way, we only reduced to the price to get viewings, we want the original asking price (about 30% higher)".

Is this a new tactic, drop the price to £1, get a million viewings, but reject any offers below £1M?

Sounds like bait and switch* (which is illegal). You could probably sue the estate agent if you had any proof, perhaps tape a conversation with him?

Classical bait and switch is advertising a product or service you never intend to supply and then offering the customer something else more expensive. However in your case they are offering the same thing (pretty bloody stupid). I would guess this is even more serious in the eyes of the law.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 February 2011, 13:08.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I would guess this is even more serious in the eyes of the law.
                More serious than stalking?

Comment

Did you turn up in your authentic Romany caravan and was the missus wearing a giant peach ballgown?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    More serious than stalking?
                    Easier to prove and get it prosecuted if you have taped evidence.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Did you turn up in your authentic Romany caravan and was the missus wearing a giant peach ballgown?

Comment

Working...
                      X