• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Touchy Subject: Any blokes on here had / considered a Hair Transplant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Another baldy in denial.

UInfortunately if it's in your genes your best bet is to just accept it and move on. There are people with far worse ailments
    I don't consider it an 'ailment'. I think I'd look quite silly with a full head of hair.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nicolas Cage reveals the bald truth | Mail Online

If you look like Nicholas cage....

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I don't consider it an 'ailment'. I think I'd look quite silly with a full head of hair.
        I don't consider it an ailment either - I'm quite liking it now!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I don't consider it an ailment either - I'm quite liking it now!
          Look at all these poor chaps with a testosterone deficit; we should feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
            That's the thing, there is something you can do now.

Note people like Alan Carr, Rob Brydon, Will Young, Brendan Fraser etc all have had this procedure done.
            I know someone who is working on a Jason Issacs film just now and he (Jason Issacs) refused to do a swimming scene as it would have shown up the bog brush head.

Comment

No need to bother with all that expensive surgical treatment. You just need to get creative with what you have got.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Here's one for the panel;

All these chaps who are getting hair transplants are surely going to continue going bald on the rest of their heads. So a few years down the line, do they then have a patch of hair sticking up at the front, then a great big bald patch on top? Do they then have to get a second, third, fourth supplementary transplant to keep filling in the gaps?

Sounds bloody expensive to me, and a complete waste of time.

Comment

It's better to use it as an excuse to change and modernise your 'do. Otherwise you end up looking like one of those sad types in their forties that still have their mid-80s prog rock mullet.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Shane Warne and Graham Gooch are always advertising it (and Michael Vaughan too, I think).

Jimmy White had it done and ended up on plenty of pain medication for a while.

Just live with it.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      It's better to use it as an excuse to change and modernise your 'do. Otherwise you end up looking like one of those sad types in their forties that still have their mid-80s prog rock mullet.

Comment

Working...
                      X