• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Touchy Subject: Any blokes on here had / considered a Hair Transplant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    A bloke at previous ClientCo had had it done.

You could see the clumps in neat rows & columns.

Because it was still thin, he had then had his scalp tattooed or dyed.

It was desperately, terribly sad.

I think you are thinking of the bad 90's Hair Plug type procedure, the modern examples are quite unnoticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Four good reasons to be bald.
      Agreed. look at Elton John and ask yourself, "do I want to look like that?".
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        That's the thing, there is something you can do now.

Note people like Alan Carr, Rob Brydon, Will Young, Brendan Fraser etc all have had this procedure done.
        Who all have massive amounts of money and probably hairdressers on 24/7 call.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Who all have massive amounts of money and probably hairdressers on 24/7 call.
          ...and still look like pigs' arses.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            WRCS, but if you are getting a syrup at least make it a comedy one.

Comment

That's the thing, there is something you can do now.

Note people like Alan Carr, Rob Brydon, Will Young, Brendan Fraser etc all have had this procedure done.
              I'm sure there is but like RC said - up close it will not look good. I'm sure these guys have stage images to protect for their livelihoods but I bet that up close they look rediculous.

Another one is Bob Mortimer - not sure if he's had anything done but the 'denial' aspect looks a bit sad.

Just shave it - it's not that bad - plus you get to frighten old ladies and small children as well. I make up for it by going to the gym. I can be a fat bald bloke or a fit bald bloke - may as well do what I can.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I think it depends what you look like.

If you are a big tough looking guy, with good looks, you can carry off the stubble look (looks best on dark haired people).
                I agree, if you have the right face for it, you can often get away with it. I've been told that I look like Nicholas Cage or Ben Affleck - but imagine those 2 reasonable looking guys with no hair, and that's how I feel I will look in 5 or 10 years time !! It just doesn't suit some people, and affects your self confidence...

Comment

I keep wanting to get my hair clipped down to a #1 all over but never do.

I'm not too fused about a little bit of hair loss - it really only bothers me on summer holidays when I forget every year to put lotion on it or wear a cap.

Comment

I agree, if you have the right face for it, you can often get away with it. I've been told that I look like Nicholas Cage or Ben Affleck - but imagine those 2 reasonable looking guys with no hair, and that's how I feel I will look in 5 or 10 years time !! It just doesn't suit some people, and affects your self confidence...
                    <amateur shrink mode>
                    If it's a self confidence problem I'd be surprised if a sewed-in rug would help.

</amateur shrink mode>
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Another baldy in denial.

UInfortunately if it's in your genes your best bet is to just accept it and move on. There are people with far worse ailments
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X