• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold digger test. Fair or unfair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Good point, I didn't think of it that way. I was thinking of warning her, but that might backfire.
    The whole thing's going to backfire anyway because he doesn't trust her and she's about to find out that he doesn't.

Tell him he's a <\/NT if he goes through with this. If he doesn´t get the message, warn her.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      WHS

Also - a normal person would be a tad miffed after traveling that far to stay in a dump. She's more likely to be a gold digger if she puts up with it and doesn't say a thing.
      WHS
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        The whole thing's going to backfire anyway because he doesn't trust her and she's about to find out that he doesn't.
        WMS

But since he doesn't trust her, he doesn't want her, so if it ends, it is for the best.

I think he is subconsciously looking for a way to dump her that makes her do the dumping so he thinks he can have a clean conscience afterwards for having got rid of a gold digger.

He is either being a silly arse, or he is a tulip.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Know this guy (multi-millionaire) getting divorced. Newish girlfriend (15 years younger) currently he is spending a lot of money on her. Has told her he is taking her on holiday to the Seychelles in a couple of weeks, she is very excited. Last night he showed me the beach hut he booked for them, it is a complete dump. Looks like it had not been renovated since the 1980’s, rusty fridge etc. When I asked him why he had booked it, he said “if she really loved me it does not matter what the place looks like”

So do you think it’s fair to spring a test like this on someone so far away from home?

I also think there is a bit of built in punishment if she fails the test, i.e. he has the money to bugger off to a 5* hotel on another island or go home, if it does not work out. She will be left in a dump in the Seychelles for the rest of the holiday.
          Why does he think this girl 15 years his junior is attracted to him? Does he really believe it's because of his sparkling personality?

If his money attracts fit younger women and he can afford to take them nice places on holiday then he should stop being such a knob and learn to enjoy what he's got.

If they get married then deffo a pre-nup.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

We went diving a few years ago in The Phillipines and stayed over one night in a hut on a remote island in the middle of nowhere.

Now that's what I call an experience....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Tell him he's a <\/NT if he goes through with this.
              He's a chap who's hit the big(ish) time and is now trading in the wife who helped him get there for a newer model. He's now making sure that the newer model isn't as shallow as he is. He probably knows already.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                If his money attracts fit younger women and he can afford to take them nice places on holiday then he should stop being such a knob and learn to enjoy what he's got.
                = apparently money doesn't guarantee happiness.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  = apparently money doesn't guarantee happiness.
                  Boll0x. Just look at DimPrawn and sasguru... actually you are right

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Ok, I get it.

The idea is that she will be pissed off and tell him to stuff it, this means she ain't gold digger or smart one.

Gold digger would put up with this cr@p and tell him that she loves him not for his money.

HTH
                    dunno can cut both ways and its a stupid test- she may genuinely like him and he will ruin his chances - plus it proves absolutely nothing except that he is the kind of idiot who would shell out for a flight to the Seychelles and then stay in crap digs just because he is too feckless to work out whether someone genuinely likes him or not.... so this has to be a wind up right?
                    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Know this guy (multi-millionaire) getting divorced. Newish girlfriend (15 years younger) currently he is spending a lot of money on her. Has told her he is taking her on holiday to the Seychelles in a couple of weeks, she is very excited. Last night he showed me the beach hut he booked for them, it is a complete dump. Looks like it had not been renovated since the 1980’s, rusty fridge etc. When I asked him why he had booked it, he said “if she really loved me it does not matter what the place looks like”

So do you think it’s fair to spring a test like this on someone so far away from home?

I also think there is a bit of built in punishment if she fails the test, i.e. he has the money to bugger off to a 5* hotel on another island or go home, if it does not work out. She will be left in a dump in the Seychelles for the rest of the holiday.
                      can you find a link to the beach huts on the web and post it?

The guy sounds like a total tool.

Why not just suggest a trip to Blackpool or camping in Scotland, and decipher her reaction.

What are their actual ages?

Comment

Working...
                      X