• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh cock it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh cock it

Not thinking while writing update queries like that are the reason I have PI insurance

What kind of PI insurance

Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The kind that needs to pay out when you wipe an entire column by updating it to NULL.

Luckily I'd just taken a backup and I'm in the process of correcting the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        The kind that needs to pay out when you wipe an entire column by updating it to NULL.

Luckily I'd just taken a backup and I'm in the process of correcting the mistake.
        phew !

Haven't you got a dev db to test these queries on ?

Comment

You've watched Office Space, you know what to do...
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            phew !

Haven't you got a dev db to test these queries on ?
            This is the dev db. The other users are enjoying the extra fag break though.

Comment

ooh. Then you'd be on one of those sites where getting a dev db refresh requires a fortnight's notice, fililng in a ridiculously long Excel-template-style request form, and a phone call that's a masterpiece of persuation worthy of Mr Smith Goes to Washington. Ah, memories.

Comment

Well there are only 3 users of this db (it's a reporting db) and we work in an office with no supervision and a hundred miles or so from main client co office so we're generally a law unto ourselves. Luckily we also control the back ups.

Come to think of it we also have pcs that are not on the main network so we fix as we please. Not half bad this contract really.

Comment

Better hope you don't work with SY. He'll be jumping up and down higher than a racehorse in a Newbury paddock.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

maybe the content SHOULD be null, and you are some sort of PreCog ?

spooksville

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X