• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to legally change your name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs. Slumdog

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
      How to legally change your name?

I am looking in the near future to change my name (no CUK reason in particular).

I have found some information on tinternet, whereby you can change your name by deed poll (for free). From

»» £FREE Deed Poll «« - Change your name legally by deed poll.

These documents can then be used to obtain a new passport for example. Has anyone ever used this website.

Additionally, other people who I have spoken to state that you have to attend court to justify the reasons why you want to change your name.

Does anyone know the correct and easiest process for doing this?
      thanks
      Silvio (aka Hosni)
      Started working on new client site was given an org. chart with names and photo’s. Went looking for one guy, could not find him, asked this Indian guy where does Mr Abc sit. Very annoyed tone, "That's me!" He had changed his name to a very English name, and had his photo touched up so much he was white FFS.

Why are you doing it Slumdog?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Started working on new client site was given an org. chart with names and photo’s. Went looking for one guy, could not find him, asked this Indian guy where does Mr Abc sit. Very annoyed tone, "That's me!" He had changed his name to a very English name, and had his photo touched up so much he was white FFS.

Though I shouldn't laugh. I should be culturally sensitive and empathic to how some people don't like themselves.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Though I shouldn't laugh. I should be culturally sensitive and empathic to how some people don't like themselves.
          I think he was more of the "golf club set" from "goodness gracious me"

Advanced Banter: Thank God for "Goodness Gracious Me"!
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
          X