• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Characters on your train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a man that did the full Top Cat routine - he stick in some ear plugs, pull on an eye mask and the curl up across 2 seats to try and sleep. Every morning he'd get asked at the very next station to move over so he never got more than 10minutes shut eye.

Also have a bloke that has been reading the same teach yourself Welsh book for the last 2.5 years.

We have a standard pushy old lady that considers herslef so important she pushes to the front of the queue every morning.

Plenty of regimental fruit eaters, always the same fruit at exactly the same point in the journey.

Still, I shouldn't be suprised if I appear on someone elses list...

Comment

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
        Plenty of regimental fruit eaters, always the same fruit at exactly the same point in the journey.

Still, I shouldn't be suprised if I appear on someone elses list...
        There's a guy on my train who if always waits till we get past a certain station and then and only then pours his tea from his flask.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My normal routine of reading then having a go at the sudoku was interrupted this morning by a lady with whom I had a very nice chat.

I don't know when I'm going to find the time to catch up with the soduko, especially as it's "Deadly" day today, my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            What a revolting specimen.

You've reminded me why I don't live in Britain.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

On the Hammersmith and City line, there's a bloke who recites obscure semi-religious guff, but ends up repeating the lines to Roxanne (by the Police).
              On central lines I sometimes see a middle aged woman who's desperate to make a bloke stand up and offer her his seat. You can see her frustration when there are empty seats already, and she can't try and make a bloke sitting down move. Maybe she wants a seat-warmer?
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X