• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about hand writing and learning to write

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Lad,

thanks.

Mich,

fro kcaf

SY01,

and your point is ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yeah, does she write the letters themselves back to front, as in a ´d´ becoming a ´b´?

yes Mich, the full monty

which makes me thinks it's easy to fix, just do what the teachers want and write the other way

but still would be nice to know if anybody else has seen this

Zeity, yes, when Davinci Code was on tv and we saw the bit where old Leon himself was writing backwards the Mrs and I looked at each other

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Northern Lad,

thanks.

Mich,

fro kcaf

SY01,

and your point is ?

Milan.
        Twofold really. One is that you're quite dim in that I have had to explain this to you twice.
        The second is to build on what NLUK said, in that she is forming the letters correctly so not to get too stressed out.

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

yes Mich, the full monty

which makes me thinks it's easy to fix, just do what the teachers want and write the other way

but still would be nice to know if anybody else has seen this

Zeity, yes, when Davinci Code was on tv and we saw the bit where old Leon himself was writing backwards the Mrs and I looked at each other

Milan.
          Send her to skool with transparent plastic and a felt pen instead of paper and pencil!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My daughter started school last year.

She didn't have great coordination with writing, scribbled when trying to do a picture, couldn't copy letters and could not concentration. We were of the conclusion she would struggle.

Then when she started again a little slow to pick up. Letters back to front, could not sit still for a minute, really frustrating. We came to the conclusion she had her mothers brain.

After 4 months things improved but not great until about 8 weeks ago when after a massive tantrum over the TV she lost that and her entire bedroom of toys/books.

Since that, with less distraction and no TV she has come along leaps and bounds. She completed
            all of her reading words yesterday flawlessly (she has about 50 to do), Reading and writing is now really good and everyday she writes and draws as opposed to the TV.

I also bought lots of word games and letters for the bath etc. So there is hope.

Unless of course she takes after you, you thicko.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh its so tempting. Muuuuusssttttttttttttttt resiisssssssstttttt.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                My daughter started school last year.

She didn't have great coordination with writing, scribbled when trying to do a picture, couldn't copy letters and could not concentration. We were of the conclusion she would struggle.

Then when she started again a little slow to pick up. Letters back to front, could not sit still for a minute, really frustrating. We came to the conclusion she had her mothers brain.

After 4 months things improved but not great until about 8 weeks ago when after a massive tantrum over the TV she lost that and her entire bedroom of toys/books.

Since that, with less distraction and no TV she has come along leaps and bounds. She completed
                all of her reading words yesterday flawlessly (she has about 50 to do), Reading and writing is now really good and everyday she writes and draws as opposed to the TV.

I also bought lots of word games and letters for the bath etc. So there is hope.

Unless of course she takes after you, you thicko.
                You took away the TV and all her belongings for 8 weeks over 1 tantrum?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

ha ha

thanks MF

nice story too - good job

well, as I said to the Mrs,

she is able to read properly (I mean from left to right), because she's been learning the piano since 5, taking lessons, and for the last few months, the teacher's method of teaching has got her onto reading music and playing pieces from reading the music

and she clearly reads the music in the left to write direction and plays what she reads

so, we shall see,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Oh its so tempting. Muuuuusssttttttttttttttt resiisssssssstttttt.

Sas,

what's so tempting, please tell us don't be shy

Milan.

Comment

Sas,

what's so tempting, please tell us don't be shy

Milan.
                      To make a comment on the Benes intellectual inheritance.
                      But that would cruel so i won't.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X