• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Criminal conviction and travelling to the US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Well stupidly or bravely I have given notice on my contract.

The client was pushing for me to head back to New York and I was a little reluctant, but had decided not to declare and chance my arm!

Another colleague was asked to go as well. Turned out he had a criminal conviction for affray when he was younger, fighting on the terraces of West Ham! Jeez, talk about a wake up call. Client was not happy, not happy at all and then went into a Daily Mail rant about criminals. The guy was lucky to keep his job!

That's tulip me up, so I've quit. Be seeing you!
    Sorry to hear that.

What sector was the client in? Financial?

Otherwise, like others have said, think you may have gotten away with it.

Comment

Can't you just say you're like BA Baracus - you're terrified of flying

And in the post 9/11 era, airlines don't like taking unconscious people on board

Comment

Working...
      X