• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another BBC Hatchet Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go on then, whats DSP software ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Well here was me thinking that ancient Babylon was populated by Iraqi/Arabs

silly me.

for anyone who is still interested, here is how the ancient arabs used their zero (which was in fact a blank space) for the sake of argument assume we all used base 10.
      they would have written 508
      5 8 (five hundreds, no tens , eight units)
      they would have know it was not 58 or 5008 by the context, but its still a bit dodgy to our eyes.
      there are some who claim they put a dot in, for each space
      5'8

the Hindus (and possibly others) ,said no, this space is not only confusing, but it is a real number, so they gave it a character and a name. but they were not the first with the concept

Arabic numerals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As befitting their history, the digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9) are also known as Hindu numerals or "Hindu-Arabic numerals". The reason that they are more commonly known as "Arabic numerals" in Europe and the Americas is that they were introduced to Europe in the 10th century by Arabs of North Africa, who were then using the digits from Libya to Morocco. Europeans did not know about the numerals' origins in ancient India, so they named them "Arabic numerals".[4] Arabs, on the other hand, call the system "Hindu numerals",[5][6] referring to their origin in India. This is not to be confused with what the Arabs call the "Hindi numerals", namely the Eastern Arabic numerals (٠.١.٢.٣.٤.٥.٦.٧.٨.٩) used in the Middle East, or any of the numerals currently used in Indian languages (e.g. Devanagari: ०.१.२.३.४.५.६.७.८.९).[7]

In English, the term Arabic numerals can be ambiguous. It most commonly refers to the numeral system widely used in Europe and the Americas. Arabic numerals is the conventional name for the entire family of related systems of Arabic and Indian numerals. It may also be intended to mean the numerals used by Arabs, in which case it generally refers to the Eastern Arabic numerals.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You think? There's no element of doubt there, is there?

You did two years at University studying a subject that may have used DSPs as part of the course and you say without a shadow of a doubt that you know more about their operation and programming than a man who has been writing DSP software for the past 15 years?

Have a(nother) drink mate because you're delusional.
        Entertain me on this subject, who is the world's leading mind on DSP in your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Entertain me on this subject, who is the world's leading mind on DSP in your mind?
          Changing the subject I see? (again)

You're a buffoon.

Professor Alan V. Oppenheim

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Changing the subject I see? (again)

You're a buffoon.

Do you not think I do not read the white text?

An accolade given to him by a university.

That is all I wanted, you to admit your subjection on the subject to an academic, one that has served his time in an academic institute.

You will never have anything more to offer to life because you are one of life's failures. A grunt, a thick minded thinking want to be who failed at each step. I could walk into any job you have and expect a day rate increase on what you get.

Comment

Do you not think I do not read the white text?

An accolade given to him by a university.

That is all I wanted, you to admit your subjection on the subject to an academic, one that has served his time in an academic institute.

You will never have anything more to offer to life because you are one of life's failures. A grunt, a thick minded thinking want to be who failed at each step. I could walk into any job you have and expect a day rate increase on what you get.
              sometimes theres a nasty edge to your conversation. a clever peson can make the point and make people smile or feel good at the same time

just saying like

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                sometimes theres a nasty edge to your conversation. a clever peson can make the point and make people smile or feel good at the same time

just saying like

He has had my name and pwned next to it for a year, I stood back and let that happen for a year, I give this loser one day of abuse and his followers are crying.

I don't vent on many on this forum but he gets it, the day he stops calling be a booze hound and trying to slight my character is the day it stops.

Comment

I don't vent on many on this forum but he gets it, the day he stops calling me a booze hound and trying to slight my character is the day it stops.
                  So why do you also have a continuous stream of bile and venom for others?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    So why do you also have a continuous stream of bile and venom for others?
                    Do I?

Why I am getting posts telling me I should lay off a six foot eight marine.

Contracting is a tough business and I am never abusive to anyone joining the site, I do admit to bring opposed views to some of the rants from contractors on here.

Comment

I am never abusive to anyone joining the site
                      Abso-fukcing-lute bollocks and you know it.

You are one of the nastiest tulips on here.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X