• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going Veggie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I am immensely grateful for the correction, sir, and greatly flattered that you only find fault with my nomenclature and none of the specifics for the procedures, activities or sequence.

The technique's close enough
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Something I have been building up to for a while and for the simple reason I have very little confidence that what animal I have placed in front of me to eat has had decent life or a dignified slaughter.

*expects a slaughtering*
      What a girl.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Fruitarian

If you really want to be a humanitarian, then be a fruitarian being vegetarian alone means you are still harming living creatures, the sole purpose of a fruit is to be eaten by other species to spread the seeds (via other creatures defecting or spitting out somewhere else) eating the whole of the plant just destroys the plant and therefore may not be humane.

They say the best fruitarian diet is to be mainly fruit (about 90%) and some raw nuts/leaves.
        Don't forget there are non sweet fruit, e.g. avocadoes, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers etc etc all those are fruit designed by nature to be picked and eaten.

Comment

I read this in OMNI about 20 years ago (waaayyy before t'internet)

they are made of meat !!!!

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I think I should have a part in the slaughtering process of an animal to realise what the beast is giving before I eat it. 99% of people who go in a slaughter house would be vegetarian in the first minute.
            Bollocks.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Bollocks.
              sweetbreads. Om nom nom.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Couple of minor points. To berate is easy. To post ones feelings on this sensitive topic is far far harder. Not trying to blow smoke up anyones arse, just saying like.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  sweetbreads. Om nom nom.
                  Good darts

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Couple of minor points. To berate is easy. To post ones feelings on this sensitive topic is far far harder. Not trying to blow smoke up anyones arse, just saying like.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                      Ok sonny jim, put up yer dukes.

Comment

Working...
                      X