• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Munich accommodation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    But it comes straight down here. None of the horizontal precipitation I used to "enjoy" in Yorkshire.

This means you can leave a computer on the balcony as long as it's under cover.
    The trees in the beergardens tend to keep the worst of it off as well, so the little skyburts that pass in a couple of minutes aren't really a problem, and cool the heat of the day nicely. I do tend to carry a lightweight raincoat just in case, but it's rare to get utterly soaked.

Some of the thunderstorms are a different matter though. The first time I got caught walking in a proper one my shoes filled up with water and I had to throw them away afterwards.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      The trees in the beergardens tend to keep the worst of it off as well, so the little skyburts that pass in a couple of minutes aren't really a problem, and cool the heat of the day nicely. I do tend to carry a lightweight raincoat just in case, but it's rare to get utterly soaked.

Some of the thunderstorms are a different matter though. The first time I got caught walking in a proper one my shoes filled up with water and I had to throw them away afterwards.
      I've been caught in one of those prolonged thunderstorms on the way home from the pub in just my shirt sleeves and it was a matter of throwing everything into the washing machine when I got home. Shoes not ruined though.

The worst time was when we were on a course which was 5 days crammed into 3 days. After a long knackering day alternating between the lecture theatre and server room it was really siling it down and our cars were 500 metres away. The day had started out blazingly hot so we were all in shirt sleeves and minus umbrellas. We got back to our office and were wringing our clothes out in the bogs before getting in our cars.

Top tip for Zurich: always carry an umbrella.

After many years of Brit-thinking that it's not cool to wear a rucksack to work, I have one now. Excellent for umbrellas, jackets, sandwiches, laptops, books etc. and shopping on the way to work and back. Obviously not to be worn with a suit but those occasions are rare.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X