• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst accident/illness thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    No real illnesses or accidents. well lots of accidents but I was always rock solid, so things bounced off me.
    I did get shot between the eyes when I was about 14, by a .22.
    It knocked me out and the pellet is still lodged there, above my right eye. I'll give you a feel at the next CUK do

Where do you want to feel up your fellow CUK'ers? Any preferred bodyparts?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Broken big toe on left foot playing football on the beach while on holiday.
      Broken middle, little toe left foot falling down stairs
      Broken a rib from sparing a little heavy.

Broken all toes on left foot sparing on different occasions.

Countless scars on my hand from messing around with knives as a kids

big cut above eye from standing too close to someone playing golf when I was about 7, plenty stitches and tidy scar

Comment

In one incident -
        1 broken vertebra
        1 crushed vertebra (they are partially soft you know)
        1 displaced rib (it sits out of alignment with the others)
        large gash to back of head
        considerable soft tissue damage to chest which was still painful 6 months after.

I was very lucky with only the above and it changed my life by making me realise it is too short...
        Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
          In one incident -
          1 broken vertebra
          considerable soft tissue damage to chest which was still painful 6 months after.

I was very lucky with only the above and it changed my life by making me realise it is too short...
          ... but not that you should leave Glasgow.
          Last edited by Old Greg; 26 January 2011, 13:55.

Comment

In one incident -
            1 broken vertebra

with all those missing vertbra, its not just your life that's a little short

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

bloody nearly was by the sound of it
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As a pedestrian I got hit by a car at 19. Went through the windscreen headfirst (from the outside) and got flipped 30 feet over the top. Luckily landed feet first but still smashed up my leg which meant no more impact sport for me. Ankle in particular still not very pleasant to look at 30 years later.

Had a skiing accident, took out an instructor on a dry slope and broke three ribs.

My daughter accidentally smashed my nose against the wall whilst I was carrying her up the stairs as a child, broke and had to have all the cartilage rebuilt. Shame they didn't straighten it at the same time.

Many and varied home improvement injuries requiring stitches.

Two years ago I was having an unrelated scan in hospital and I found out that I've only ever had one kidney.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  My daughter accidentally smashed my nose against the wall whilst I was carrying her up the stairs as a child, broke and had to have all the cartilage rebuilt. Shame they didn't straighten it at the same time.
                  My nose was straightened the second time I broke it; they did a bloody good job and you'd really not notice it's ever been busted. Well worth getting it straightened.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I managed to break 3 ribs, a collar bone and puncture a lung in a single accident flying a kite.

4 days in hospital and back to work (in agony) 7 days later.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Not much. Never been seriously ill. Broke small finger playing football. Fell 20ft off a cliff once as kid and landed unharmed between two rocks. Fell off MC a few times and worst I ever got was a tiny hairline fracture.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X