• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make poverty YOUR responsibility ???!?!???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having said all this. If God came down and said to me "you must cut off your little finger and this would end all world poverty yet you will receive no entry into heaven because of this and no one on Earth will ever know that you doing this lead to the ending of poverty".

I think I would do it.

Comment

eliquant

you are bob geldof and I claim my £5.
      joost give us yer fockin munny.

Comment

"NewLie don't send anything like "billions" to Africa. They didn't pay for Live8 either.
        What exactly is your point? You'd probably be the first to complain if taxes went up to pay for free heating for pensioners, free council houses for the homeless and 20,000 extra cleaners for the NHS."

They encourage Africas repayments to be written off, which apparently costs many billions per year. Ergo, they owe substantially more than many billions per year. Labour wants to forget about that, meaning they are giving a quite substantial amount of money away.

Actually id be the last to complain about my taxes being spent on free heating for pensioners, free council houses for the homeless, and 20,000 cleaners for the NHS. After all, Ive already paid for them (remember 48 hours to save the NHS, plans to build on green belt land and then the forgotten about talk of reinstating index linked pensions...?) - it just seems the money was spent elsewhere....

Typical fecking Labour.... wherever you can find a large herd of gullible people, youll find Brown and Blair... (and now Geldof), saying whatever they want to hear, and nothing ever comes of it.

Comment

It is the leaders, the industrial and ruling elite that oppress them the most ... aided and abetted by multinationals, swiss banks, some developed countries. Africa problems are not all of Africa's making.
          They are I'm afraid. You are deluded.

Comment

Working...
          X