• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Either way you're going to feel like you've been kicked repeatedly in the face by men in large steel capped boots and will be dribbling blood for a day or so
    Yep, I woke up the next morning with a trail of blood from my mouth to my ear. Of course, I had started drinking Jack Daniels pretty much as soon as I got back from the hospital until the early hours to help me forget the pain, so the blood-thinning qualities of alcohol may have had something to do with it. Nevertheless, it's still quite disturbing to look in the mirror in the morning and see your face covered in blood

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Either way you're going to feel like you've been kicked repeatedly in the face by men in large steel capped boots and will be dribbling blood for a day or so, but the sockets should heal over remarkably quickly. After a month you'd never know it had happened.
      That's the way real men have their wisdom teeth removed

The son had his done with just injections and seemed reasonably perky afterwards but went downhill for a while whereas the missus also had them all done with injections in one go and was right as rain the next day (German women are 'ard)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        So, I've just been advised by the Dentist that I should have all 4 wisdom teeth out as they're at the wrong angle and it's likely to cause a lot of pain later on. No immediate rush as they're not painful now but the question I have is, how painful and horrific is the procedure with injections? or should I go with the gas option and be knocked out for an hour and have the surgeon do it?
        For once I'm being serious.

My dentist told me this exact same thing. Wisdom teeth are at a funny angle and I should have them all out to prevent pain and problems down the line. He even showed me the x-rays.

This was 25 years ago.

Still awaiting any pain or problems.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          So, I've just been advised by the Dentist that I should have all 4 wisdom teeth out as they're at the wrong angle and it's likely to cause a lot of pain later on. No immediate rush as they're not painful now but the question I have is, how painful and horrific is the procedure with injections? or should I go with the gas option and be knocked out for an hour and have the surgeon do it?
          Is this in Germany or the UK?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I'd go with a getting a second opinion option.
            He's probably a c**t as well as having wonky teeth.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

If you don't have any pain why bother.

If they poke through the gum they can cause gum infection.

I had mine out but they caused pain right from the word go. They pushed on the other back teeth which caused them to ache sometimes. But the worse bit was the infections because they just poked through the gum and you couldn't really clean them so the gum got infected.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Save some money by locking your girlfriend out of the house for a couple of days. She'll soon kick them out for you.

Comment

Same for me!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  For once I'm being serious.

My dentist told me this exact same thing. Wisdom teeth are at a funny angle and I should have them all out to prevent pain and problems down the line. He even showed me the x-rays.

This was 25 years ago.

Still awaiting any pain or problems.
                  I was told when I was 18 that I would need my wisdom teeth out as they were going to cause issues.....

24 years later, the rest of my teeth are falling to bits but the wisdom teeth are trouble free.

As an aside, why do dentists have the biggest fingers you can imagine - when mine comes at me it's like being mauled by a bunch of pork sausages!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
                    As an aside, why do dentists have the biggest fingers you can imagine - when mine comes at me it's like being mauled by a bunch of pork sausages!
                    They're specially selected so that the dentist team can beat the gynaecologists in the annual healthcare practitioners' thumb war championships.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X