• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used Freecycle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. I've even collected the odd thing or two myself, including a shelf - which now sits in the larder holding many tins of grub.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I tried to give away a wasps nest on Freecycle.... no takers. What do they want, blood !!

Comment

Mrs RC & I used it as both donors and collectors.

I got fed up in the end with people saying they would collect stuff and then not turn up, and the Sunday car-boot-sale scroungers who say they will take something, come round and then refuse to take it unless it is in perfect nick.

It also went all weird in the USA whereby the founders tried to over micro-manage it - there were noises about the UK going independent. No idea what came of that.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We gave away a road-legal car on Freecycle.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes - I have given stuff away. But I fell out with the daft bint who runs our local one because I was getting swamped with e-mails for an item that had gone - I tried to post that it was "gone subject to collection" and she sent me a shirty mail back saying I could only post it as gone when it had actually been collected. I prefer to keep people informed, but I'm not sending 100s of mails a day.

Our local one is now Freegle - because they didn't like the way freecycle was going.

Comment

Working...
            X