• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have people forgotton what food is for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Subway - never had one, never will.

Tone
    I've had two. The second confirmed that the first wasn't a fluke.

They stink as well.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      I've had two. The second confirmed that the first wasn't a fluke.

They stink as well.
      I can't bring myself to go into one, there seems to be one on every street corner in the city these days ( I noticed a similar trend in China with KFCs), as for McDonalds I've only been twice in over 30 years.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

as for McDonalds I've only been twice in over 30 years.
        I must admit I sometimes use McDonalds when I've a long morning commute to a gig. I can't face breakfast if getting up at 5.30 but can benefit from the carbs with coffee or juice at 7 or 8 -ish. Eventually I find a local cafe that serves a proper breakfast, but the Mc hash browns will suffice in the interim...
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          ftfy
          Says you who claims to have 3 contracts, AND a shop.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Says you who claims to have 2 Ltd companies, self employed business, 3 contracts & offer of a fourth, Ebay business, import business, looks of a young Brad Pitt AND a shop.
            ftfy

One of those is a blatant lie btw.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

2 Ltd companies - Big deal.
              self employed business - you're a contractor
              3 contracts & offer of a fourth - asked to fix your mate's PC isn't a contract offer
              Ebay business, import business - import something and sell it on eBay, instant "business" credentials

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I can't bring myself to go into one, there seems to be one on every street corner in the city these days ( I noticed a similar trend in China with KFCs), as for McDonalds I've only been twice in over 30 years.
                I've only been in a KFC once IIRC. Oh, hang on I did also buy some fries in one a couple of years ago, steadfastly avoiding the chicken that time, but the potion was minuscule and not very good. Expensive too.

Comment

I was a cook in KFC for a couple of years. Then tended to put the students in with the burny machines and left the dross out front shop where they the worst they could do was piss of a customer rather than burn an arm off or blind someone.

Chicken was real cheap tulip, I think they were only 10 weeks old when they were slaughtered, used to steal bags of the secret mix and cook it with decent chicken meat at home.

Rarely eat out of any of these places, not so because they are poor quality food, it is because they are everywhere and I resent that more.

Comment

Not a fan of KFC. The taste is fine but the chicken ain't. My McD meal of choice would be a box of 20 nuggets and a large coffee though.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      2 Ltd companies - Big deal.
                      self employed business - you're a contractor
                      3 contracts & offer of a fourth - asked to fix your mate's PC isn't a contract offer
                      Ebay business, import business - import something and sell it on eBay, instant "business" credentials
                      Look Doogie. I understand how it is. Everyone has money problems at some time. I once needed to borrow a tenner to go to the pub as I hadn't been paid. I was only 17 though.

If you want to borrow some cash for MaccyD's just ask. I'm sure Dimprawn can do you a deal through Zopa. With your age and credit rating though, it's going be about 35% per week plus you'll need to put your wife up as collateral.

hth

MF
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X