• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti capitalists – what do they actually want?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'll tell you what this is about

Its simple - they want whatever they havent been able to earn for themselves.

Comment

Forgot to mention...

...that the woman I mentioned in my previous post on this thread left the client to take up a permie role in an organisation championing business.
      When I pointed this out, she tried to defend it by claiming it wasn't capitalism.

The majority of these so-called protesters are just immature kids playing politics without understanding how things really work. Most of them have too much free time and not enough responsibility.

This would never have happened under Wellington!

Comment

Re: Forgot to mention...

Being an open minded chap – like wot I am – I’ve done a bit of research and found out what they want.

We believe that if our planet is to survive the huge problems we face, the disempowerment of the majority of people, the dire poverty in the global south, climate change - if we are to survive this we need a fundamental change.

What we'll need to do is to fundamentally reorganise things.

Our vision is of a society that is run from the bottom up with grassroots control in all areas.
        How this can be achieved by dressing up as clowns and throwing chairs at the police is not explained. You would think it would dawn on them that another pressure group in Edinburgh this week has already achieved much more by simply recruiting pop stars to their cause. If the anti-capitalists had a real desire for change they would do the same thing.

On the evidence so far, they’re not even very good at throwing chairs at the police

Comment

Working...
        X