• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilema

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>never been offered (or nearly offered) a contract with full expenses.

I always charge travelling and overnight expenses when not at my normal site. So should you. If it's not in your contract then brush up on your negotiation skills. (or have I misunderstood your statement?)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If the person at the client is on holiday, then that suggests they're either just very unprofessional, or not that serious about you. Either way I'd assume that deal was dead.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        >never been offered (or nearly offered) a contract with full expenses.

I always charge travelling and overnight expenses when not at my normal site. So should you. If it's not in your contract then brush up on your negotiation skills. (or have I misunderstood your statement?)

I will be at their site which will mean staying away during the week - they are paying hotel costs / food / mileage for the full duration of the contract

Comment

No, Dilemma is the right term - just spelt incorectly.

If the guy is on holiday/paternity leave/very busy atm then the old Jabber Spider Sense starts tingling in a similar way to sticking your todger in a plug socket.

Comment

incorrectly

F in "Haven't we done this before?" mode
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Yup, but it has been dilberate both times.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                Malvolio,

I made a post to you last week with a question and you never answered.

You have the XC90 don't you, is it the diesel with the auto box ?

I am thinking/dreaming (delete as applicable) to get one later this year - on the condition I've been in work all year

How do you find it, are they reliable or in the garage regularly with costly problems

If you had the choice of a 2 year old xc90 diesel auto or a 2 year old toureg diesel auto which would you get and why

Thanks,

Milan.
                Sorry - didn't notice: wife in hospital, I got a bit distracted!

Anyway, no, I drive a Subaru Forester at the mo. Looked at the XC90 but apart from 7 seats, it didn't do anything the Forester doesn't (for my needs anyway), is a hell of a lot slower for about 3mpg saving and costs £13k more.

That said, it was a good car, and the Diesel/Manual combo was the one to go for. Since then there's a new diesel engine with an auto that works, so it might be worth another look. The car itself was excellent and as comfortable as any Volvo.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Oh Yes

They came good

Comment

Working...
                  X