• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The economy is in big trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fao milan benes

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I might add that I do enjoy contact with young people. I am actively involved in the Scout movement and, indeed every year Malc and I perform in our barbershop quartet at the scout gangshow. I reported on last years event within this forum somewhere. I can dig out the link if you're interested.
    The post to which I was alluding:

linky

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      I took a course on economic in University and yeah. In the good times, taxes rise to build up a surplus for use during the recessions - when taxes are supposed to drop. And there's all sorts of complexity with money supply etc.. but overall that's the basis of.

Don't know what Chicago school theory or Adam Smith would do about the current situation though. Perhaps just throw up their hands?
      Wouldn't the Chicago boys just back a military fascist coup like that of Mrs T's dear old friend Pinochet?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        The post to which I was alluding:

linky
        Ah yes, a Gricer classic, full of woggle-fiddling and mutual tugging in tents.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          When shoe shining boys like sasguru start passing judgement on economy that's when it is really in trouble.
          Get back in the server room, there's a potential client coming soon (the first one in months) and you don't want to put him orf.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Wouldn't the Chicago boys just back a military fascist coup like that of Mrs T's dear old friend Pinochet?
            Well it worked in Iraq didn't it? What we need is a tulipload of oil and then, like the Russians, we'll be boomed.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Double dip here we come.
              House prices off a cliff, reposessions galore, unemployment > 10%, pound in your pocket worth zilch.

It's globalisation for you.
              If you earn > £100K, you'd better be sure you're producing 10 times as much value as Bob who earns £10K.

Are you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Double dip here we come.
                House prices off a cliff, reposessions galore, unemployment > 10%, pound in your pocket worth zilch.

It's globalisation for you.
                If you earn > £100K, you'd better be sure you're producing 10 times as much value as Bob who earns £10K.

Are you?
                Yes, thanks for asking.

Comment

“The budget should be balanced .... public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be
                  tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt.

People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

David Camerrr - no acrually it was that Roman chap Cicero 55 BC.

Dont worry folks - its the same old , same old ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    David Camerrr - no acrually it was that Roman chap Cicero 55 BC.
                    Roman Empire was doing all right at the time - I guess they knew how to run the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Roman Empire was doing all right at the time - I guess they knew how to run the economy?
                      Aye Atw

A wee trip back in my Tardis reveals that the Empire was doing just fine in Ciceros Day- till some idiot general decided to go East to Mesopotamia - the costs of that conflict bled the Empire dry then we had to literally soften and devalue the currency - to top it all with all the bloodshed going on no-one wanted to join the Milltary so we had to use outsourced labour - big mistake.

At least future generations will learn from the downfall of the Glory that was Rome.

Won't you Chaps ?
                      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 25 January 2011, 19:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X