• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uncomfortable experience walking to hotel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    10 minutes from London Bridge Tube.

But no harm done, eh?
    Same time tonight then ?
    This time I will wear my raincoat and we can do a few 'Dealing with a flasher' scenarios

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      So, when he saw your face he lost interest?
      You are Frankie Boyle and I claim my punch in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        Blimey - next time get a cab!

Tone
        And get assaulted or murdered by the cab driver?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Hannah_Foster
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-his-cab.html
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11484692
        The URLs were picked out at random but they all turned out to be Indians.

BTW. Last year I dropped P2 at the bank, there was nowhere to park. I was driving around in circles when a girl stepped off the pavement a took a photo of my number plate. After picking up P2, I told her and we thought it was best to find out what was going on. P2 went over and ask the girl. She replied “He has been stalking me so I am going to the police” . After the explanation she apologised. Can you imagine what problems that my have caused?
        Last edited by Paddy; 19 January 2011, 15:24.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          And get assaulted or murdered by the cab driver?
          Murder of Hannah Foster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Minicab driver 'deliberately ran down pedestrian who squirted drink at his cab' - Telegraph
          BBC News - India cab driver convicted over call centre murder
          The URLs were picked out at random but they all turned out to be Indians.

BTW. Last year I dropped P2 at the bank, there was nowhere to park. I was driving around in circles when a girl stepped off the pavement a took a photo of my number plate. After picking up P2, I told her and we thought it was best to find out what was going on. P2 went over and ask the girl. She replied “He has been stalking me so I am going to the police” . After the explanation she apologised. Can you imagine what problems that my have caused?
          So did you get away with it?

Comment

But no harm done, eh?
            Hmmmm, around Borough then?
            That's quite a mixed area in terms of demographic.
            Lots of council tenants mixed in with young trendy professionals.
            Usually OK though. The police station is not too far from Borough station.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Hmmmm, around Borough then?
              That's quite a mixed area in terms of demographic.
              Lots of council tenants mixed in with young trendy professionals.
              Usually OK though. The police station is not too far from Borough station.
              It's still a dump and not the best place to be walking around on your own late at night.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In 'Flight of the Conchords' the New Zealand Cultural Attache in New York advises their citizens to stay off the main streets and only walk down the back alleys to avoid trouble, but they still get mugged.

Good advice though.

Comment

But no harm done, eh?
                  Remember Jacks, you don't have to make up stories about how he approached you first and then before you knew it your stilleto was hanging out of his eye socket.

We know it was self defense...
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I'm sorry you were so worried, but it was probably nothing and the chap didn't realise he'd frightened you. The main thing is all is well.

When I'm out on my own I try to give the impression that I'm paying attention to my surroundings (look around, walk confidently etc.)
                    NF did the right thing by trying to cross the road. If she had been worried she would have crossed back, I think.
                    Agreed - may seem silly, but this is why I don't wear an iPod whilst walking (during my commute) as I want full use of all my senses.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Too damn right.

I prowl the mean streets of Swansea with all my senses alert, I can tell you.
                      There's an app for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X