• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utterly pointless waste of money court case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I bet it cost us lots. In favour of gay rights generally but as have said before there should be lower boundaries, in private houses or very small owner run businesses, where such public policy laws should not apply. Everyone should be entitled to control their personal space whatever their reasons.
    So a B&B with a sign saying "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" would be fine then
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      So a B&B with a sign saying "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" would be fine then
      It was at one time but thankfully not anymore.

Comment

How about polygamists? Surely it's discrimination to only provide single and double beds, and treble beds, quadruple beds, quintuple beds and so on should be provided!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          How about polygamists? Surely it's discrimination to only provide single and double beds, and treble beds, quadruple beds, quintuple beds and so on should be provided!
          They're going to burn in hell along with the muslims, homosexuals and HMRC employees.

The above was tongue in cheek but if you HMRC boys(and Girls) really have a problem with it then you know where I live.

Btw, when I say "girls" in relation to the HMRC I do of course refer to the frustrated bitches on heat that frequent a certain pub in Manchester. Wilmslow, ask me nicely and I'll give you the name of the pub.

Comment

It didn't cost "Us" a penny. It was a civil case brought by the couple involved, not a criminal case bought by the Crown.

Costs would have been paid by either side initially with the losers footing the final legal bills. This included court costs.

The B&B owners were ordered to pay £1800 in damages to the couple, they were not fined.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              It didn't cost "Us" a penny. It was a civil case brought by the couple involved, not a criminal case bought by the Crown.

Costs would have been paid by either side initially with the losers footing the final legal bills. This included court costs.

The B&B owners were ordered to pay £1800 in damages to the couple, they were not fined.
              Dave, don't let facts get in the way of some good old gay and god botherer bashing.

Their legal fees were paid for by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, while Mr and Mrs Bull's defence is funded by The Christian Institute.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                It was at one time but thankfully not anymore.
                What about no black Irish dogs.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  What about no black Irish dogs.
                  When you say "Black Irish", do you actually mean "Black, Irish"?

Just asking like coz there's a world of difference if you know yer history...

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      And then it's just a small step to molesting squirrels...

Comment

Working...
                      X