• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage paid off... now what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Coventry 5 year bond 4.75%. 180 day notice. Best on market.

Woolwich mortgage offset 0.48% over base.

Sweeeeeeeeeeetttttt!
    Of course. Nurse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Of course. Nurse!!!
      Cough

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...et-glitch.html
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quite why you feel it's so important that everyone believes your bollocks I don't know. Or is it just me you're trying to convince? Does my approval mean so much to you?

Comment

Quite why you feel it's so important that everyone believes your bollocks I don't know. Or is it just me you're trying to convince? Does my approval mean so much to you?
          I think he's trying to convince everyone, but most of us have some very sizable pinches of salt.

I'm essentially mortgage free, offset with a nice positive balance, but I wouldn't mind moving which would put me back into the red for a while. The only question in my mind is whether I sell my current place or rent it out. I bought it cheaply in the first place so I don't really care if house prices have fluctuated to any great extent or not.

Comment

As it happens. To add to the bollocks I also did some credit card stoozing to take out an extra £25k for 12 months at 2.9% using a Barclaycard and MBNA card, which went into the wifes 4.75% Bond coupled with an R85 to ensure it was tax free.

But hey ho, nothing clever to learn here.

Comment

As it happens. To add to the bollocks I also did some credit card stoozing to take out an extra £25k for 12 months at 2.9% using a Barclaycard and MBNA card, which went into the wifes 4.75% Bond coupled with an R85 to ensure it was tax free.

But hey ho, nothing clever to learn here.
              You're really missing Threaded, aren't you?

I had a message from him on Facebook, he's still alive.

Comment

You're really missing Threaded, aren't you?

I had a message from him on Facebook, he's still alive.
                I am but a poor imitation.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I think you may be putting all your eggs in one basket with property. You could think about diversifying, that would give her something to think about.
                  Yes but easier said than done. We've done the boring and now useless 'investments' like high-interest accounts and National Savings Bonds (oh dear indeed). If you have any ideas on how to generate cash-flow I would certainly appreciate them!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Yes but easier said than done. We've done the boring and now useless 'investments' like high-interest accounts and National Savings Bonds (oh dear indeed). If you have any ideas on how to generate cash-flow I would certainly appreciate them!
                    One option is to lend a great wad on Zopa.

Lend money online with Zopa the peer to peer lending marketplace

I've never had a bad debt yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      One option is to lend a great wad on Zopa.

Lend money online with Zopa the peer to peer lending marketplace

I've never had a bad debt yet.
                      Zopa averages a return of 7.9% before bad debts. I can imagine you've not had a bad debt but not on the amount you purported to have invested the other day.

Comment

Working...
                      X