• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Boy stabs baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Boy stabs baby

following on from WageSlave's excellent use of the brand, here's another piece of sad news reflecting the state of the nation...

A BOY aged 11 stabbed his nephew with a kitchen knife after the baby’s crying put him off his PlayStation game, a court was told yesterday.

It's getting like America !

Milan.

He said: “Without realising it, I stabbed him and did not realise that I did until it happened.”
    A surgeon who treated the baby said that the three stab wounds suggested that the knife had been moved around once it had been plunged in.
    But it's okay; the boy didn't receive enough attention from mummy, so his human rights have been infringed - can't possibly punish him.

If our culture produces monsters like this now, what Satan will emerge in 10 years time?

Comment

It's getting like America !
      No, it's good old "couldn't give a @#%$ about the children" Britain.
      It looks, from the article, as if the eleven year old was left to look after a difficult baby on his own, and he cracked. A lot of adults have done the same. I would guess that he's also not that bright.

Mother - had the baby, now "too depressed" to look after it - if she was sectioned, then she's been self-harming - 95% of which is attention seeking (not my opinion - that of an experienced mental health social worker I was talking to a few weeks ago)

Grandmother - over at the neighbours house - too busy to give the boy any attention, even though she'd been told that he was having problems with the baby.

The boy should never have been left in charge of the baby - the blame lies mainly with the adults. However, it's pretty clear that he did intend to harm, and probably even to kill the baby, so he should be convicted of attempted murder - hopefully he'll get a better life in a special childrens unit than he apparently got at home - with the right treatment, they can probably sort him out.

Comment

he had probably whatched Shameless the night before too !

Milan.

Comment

The boy should never have been left in charge of the baby - the blame lies mainly with the adults. However, it's pretty clear that he did intend to harm, and probably even to kill the baby
          Exactly. It's a viscious circle, made worse by the lack of effective authority in the UK.

Children left alone to raise themselves, so naturally they spend their time watching TV trash and playing junk games. This damages their minds as they exist in a moral void (so they are unable to put experiences into a proper context). As a result they grow into monsters and spawn the next generation, which is even worse.

Comment

I'm just very glad to see that Milan has finally learned how to put up a link in a separate window

Comment

is that Rhin or Fiddle posting under the fourContractors banner ?

Rhin, where have you been recently, still dipping your wick into high mileage blonds ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
              X